"project cafй"

You may have heard about it, or your just going "wtf", but anyway.
In just under 18 hours from the time of writing, its Nintendo's turn at the E3.
I'll be honest, I'm a bit of a Nintendo fanboy, but I haven't really checked in on what's new after the 3ds got released.

So, at the e3, we could all have guessed some of the things that would be included in the presentation.
For example, new 3ds software (mario 3d for example), new Wii launch titles like the long awaited legend of zelda and... yeah.
BUT, HOLD ON. Nintendo has also announced that its going to present it's future console at the e3, currently under the (code)name of "project cafй".
And as Nintendo is means srs business when it comes to secrecy, almost no details on their console have been revealed.
Below are some rumours:
- The console will feature a CPU with 3 cores, 512 mb of RAM, an 8gb flash storage and a gpu from the ATI r700 family.
- Most attention has been drawn to the thing that seems to be the new controller, including a d-pad, analog sticks, buttons and bladiebla.... and a freaking screen!? Seriously, this... is new. A picture below this.

So yeah, discuss about this new console, speculate about its features. And please don't turn this into a flame war between Nintendo and/or xbox and/or playstation fanboys. Or else the kitty dies.

Screens on the controller isn't new, Sega did it with the Dreamcast's VMU which is a bulky memory card that went into the controller and displayed a small screen on it. The memory card even had buttons on it so you could take it off the controller and play it as a really shitty gameboy. I generally only like the rumor that it's going to have some decent hardware in it, where as the Wii's software can be emulated better than it plays on the Wii (****** Dolphin Emulator and see that it can be played in 1080p, whereas the Wii cannot)

I can only speculate that they're going to make something that everyone else will copy (N64 used analog sticks, the PSX got analog sticks (Xbox used them years later) , Wii had motion sensored controller, PlayStation introduces the Playstation Move, Xbox introduces the Kinect)

I really hope they move off of the Dolphin platform, it sucks donkey balls

I prefer one of these

LMAO!

thats indeed a prove for the waste of human imagintation. just one more part of the fail-chain in the history of console engineering.
edit: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY2gK1MPgh8[/ame]
i grew up with games like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daddy
View Post
I prefer one of these

LMAO!
Pfff, plz.