D-Day...

Today, 67 years ago, around 6 o'clock in the morning ( GMT+1 ), the British, Canadians and Americans began the dissembarking onto Normandy. Under direct command of General Eisenhower, they achieved victory, with the help of the French Democrat Resistance (Charles de Gaule ) and the French Communist Resistance ( ? ? ).

9 months, on May 9th, 1945, the glorious Soviets achieved victory over the Nazi Germany.

May we, today, in this post, give the honor to the fallen soldiers of the operation D-DAY

R.I.P

May their souls rest in peace R.I.P.!

R.I.P

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZgKo46X8CI[/ame]

Rest In Peace... They have fallen for a Holy cause.
May theire souls Rest in peace

RIP

**Salute!

May we be forever grateful.

R.I.P.

R.I.P
Thank you Russians for winning the war with the Nazis and released all of us from the Gettos

Hey i am from holland BTW i just came up with this!:
At D-Day the allies came to land at france, they had to overcome some powerfull defense, they succeeded.
Then they pushed back the germans all the way to belgium.
They even had pushed away the germans at some parts of holland!
But when they a defeat they planned an attack: an air invasion!:

around 700 American/Canadian soldiers coming from the sky, but because of a miscomunication many of them landed in german base area's.

They have put on one of the less known defense battles but also one of the strongest to defend a bridge that could lead the war to be over in Holland, this bridge is now an honor to those soldiers:
The bridge will be lighted at every night with bleu lights: The colors of the american/Canadian air force at that time.

See this comment and think what those soldiers trew themself at just for the EU!