Anti cheat

the best way to detect cheater is to put all phisycs on server side!
client just sends pressed keys to server!

there is another idea: "trusted user system":
main conception is to process phisycs on trusted user's computer....

Quote:

SA-MP is a great MP mod, and I always keep my opinion that it's better than MTA in all the ways. Even if the scripting extension can be smaller or some more bugs exist I still think SA-MP is better and I like it the most. It's the mod that I enjoy the most seriously and I'm very glad they keep developing it. Other people might have different opinions, but this is mine.
You should stop being arrogant towards the responsible persons for this MP Mod to be alive until today. Just by making GTA San Andreas a multiplayer experience is already something unique, but if you think you can do a lot better in a smaller time, then go ahead create your project and get your community.
Otherwise, just be polite towards the creators of this and respect their work. Thanks.

argumented opinion is the best opinion... "I like" is not an argument.

And then server will kick player because theres no connection from client...

okay this topic is going nowhere, what we have now, we will have in the future, I think any further discussions don't matter or are useless if no-one is going to release a anti cheat.
Well I enjoyed the topic and nice idea's but creating a MP mod also brings responsibility. Also if you create a community you should be active in it too, just like this topic should attract their attention. Why does Kye aka kalcor for example not respond here like "we are developing an anti cheat for the future sa-mp version". That announcement would be nice! And he would show us some respect if he already said he is not going to improve the anti cheat futures.

Maybe I respect them but you don't know. I don't have to respect them 24/7. I have my own bad days too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer_Z
Посмотреть сообщение
okay this topic is going nowhere, what we have now, we will have in the future, I think any further discussions don't matter or are useless if no-one is going to release a anti cheat.
Well I enjoyed the topic and nice idea's but creating a MP mod also brings responsibility. Also if you create a community you should be active in it too, just like this topic should attract their attention. Why does Kye aka kalcor for example not respond here like "we are developing an anti cheat for the future sa-mp version". That announcement would be nice! And he would show us some respect if he already said he is not going to improve the anti cheat futures.

Maybe I respect them but you don't know. I don't have to respect them 24/7. I have my own bad days too.
I agree, this topic isnt going anywhere at all.

There was an anti-cheat in the past that was developed and maintained by the developers, but it removed when the developer left the team (and leaked sa-mp's source). Its pretty much a FULL time job developing an anti-cheat, and it requires time that im sure kalcor doesn't have. Why should he waste time he could be using to develop new features for sa-mp on an anti-cheat?

The development team is pretty small nowadays (im thinking its kalcor and one other guy now?) so the resources for a full on AC thats constantly maintained just isn't there.

As for your question, he doesnt respond here saying he's developing an AC system because he probably isnt. I can see why (and hopefully you can too now lol). If i were him i wouldnt post here too! He knows how tricky making a AC is (i mean ACTUALLY knows, unlike %97 percent of the people here) and im sure he doesnt feel like having his intelligence insulted when people bring up methods that just wont work; him having to explain why every single idea doesnt work would be tiring as well (and he'd have to do it multiple time lmao, someone JUST suggested keys again!).

For the AC to be constantly maintained, it would indeed need a bigger team than the current SA-MP Dev team, depending on the members availability. We got very good coders in this community but I'm sure many or all of them got better things to do than keep SA-MP clean from hacks.
No team, no anticheat.
No anticheat, no fairplay.

Guess we will have to suffer with hackers when admins either are offline or don't do their job as they should, and those who use smart hacks which are a bit harder to identify through gameplay will take longer to be punished. It's a sad fact indeed, and our last hope is if ESL is actually adding SA-MP/GTASA to their Anti-Cheat program, although it's only for ESL SAMP purpose.
Else...nothing much will be available to do rather than script a good Pawn anticheat which won't solve all the cases but will solve some at least.
We've seen great and big plugins being brought to SA-MP. Examples of those are the Audio Plugin by incognito, object streamer, CNPC, etc... the anticheat plugin could just be one more of them and subscriptions for anticheat use could be implemented to keep their developer's team happy and motivated somehow.

Stop people, The answer is simple : Sa-mp is not open source, so there will never be any good scripting/coding team for it. why? Because they think it will leak again (and probably will). So I think it's time to leave this topic and just wait 20 years befor a new cool game comes out.

Open source can't be really leaked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTrIx4057
Посмотреть сообщение
Open source can't be really leaked.
Ah I ment it will never be open source because they have their own reasons (money? some other shit?)
and they won't make a 'fresh team' because IT WILL LEAK AGAIN. I'm 100% sure. And if it is not open source it will leak just as they add new programmers.

SA-MP team could be great and SA-MP itself could be way more advanced than it is today if the number of coders were maintained, but unfortunately some black sheeps wanted to make funny things and that led to Kye not trusting many people applying or offering to be part of the team because of the leaks (ex: 0.2.5) and also the DDOS attacks and other things (if you still remember what happened to South America). People like those attackers and leakers are trash really and I understand he doesn't want to commit the same error again, but theres really old people on this forum that have contributed to SA-MP (via plugins for example) or are trustable, so a re-evaluation of possible candidates to join the Dev Team should be considered.
It would be better, in terms of efficiency, bugfixing and speed if the team was bigger, but due to the circunstances it's not. But time went by... some things have changed, and in order for this anticheat to work, the team needs to be bigger, that's a fact.

Regarding the open-source, tbh I don't really know at 100% how it works, call me a noob call me whatever you want, but I won't speak too much about it if I don't know the matter. Now open-source could bring good things to SA-MP because people from outside could give their contribute to improve SA-MP. Let me remember you that MTA is open-source, I don't really know what things have people contributed there but it's always a faster process to get the to-do list done.
There are downsides, like everything else, but it's never too much using your inteligence and imagination to keep things in order and safe from leaks or other problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablosrouge
Посмотреть сообщение
SA-MP team could be great and SA-MP itself could be way more advanced than it is today if the number of coders were maintained, but unfortunately some black sheeps wanted to make funny things and that led to Kye not trusting many people applying or offering to be part of the team because of the leaks (ex: 0.2.5) and also the DDOS attacks and other things (if you still remember what happened to South America). People like those attackers and leakers are trash really and I understand he doesn't want to commit the same error again, but theres really old people on this forum that have contributed to SA-MP (via plugins for example) or are trustable, so a re-evaluation of possible candidates to join the Dev Team should be considered.
It would be better, in terms of efficiency, bugfixing and speed if the team was bigger, but due to the circunstances it's not. But time went by... some things have changed, and in order for this anticheat to work, the team needs to be bigger, that's a fact.

Regarding the open-source, tbh I don't really know at 100% how it works, call me a noob call me whatever you want, but I won't speak too much about it if I don't know the matter. Now open-source could bring good things to SA-MP because people from outside could give their contribute to improve SA-MP. Let me remember you that MTA is open-source, I don't really know what things have people contributed there but it's always a faster process to get the to-do list done.
There are downsides, like everything else, but it's never too much using your inteligence and imagination to keep things in order and safe from leaks or other problems.
If you are already sharing the source code via internet with 2 people any third (hacker) person can get the source code if he can find out some 'attacking points'.

Hack tool creators would get and instant orgasm after getting SA:MP source, this would make situation even more complicated

yes that can be another reason, the devs are hiding something from us, they don't want to let us know about potential (intended) backdoors.

I've been thinking in something that is possible, but requires some work from the Devs.

If we could have access to the Screenshot function on Pawno, if the screenshot function was optimized in order to not create lag after it's taken (like Print Screen), and if we had a way to automatically send that screenshot to to a global server where it can be analyzed by its admins, then we could at least get some good amount of cheaters since many hacks bring a GUI nowadays. CLEO has his own signature on the player's ESC Menu, so a function to make the player's menu pop up and then a screenshot be taken would also fit.
You could simply connect this screenshot function to a /report command, so whenever a player is reported by another, a screenshot would be taken from the reported player's screen and sent to this global server.
This server would operate globally, meaning if the player from that server was cheating, the admins of this global server just get his IP information and possibly the range and add him to the global Ban List.
This would imply the screenshot to be smaller than 500kb (meaning the screenshot is taken in jpeg format and maybe resized to a default resolution to avoid big pictures in size) and also when the screenshot is taken, the player should not feel any difference (because if you click F8 to take a picture, your game will stop for ~1 second, but if you use Print Screen it won't make a difference).

To complement this little system, there should be a global list of players banned by IP (something similar to what was SprunkBuster). Many will ban evade but many will not and if we are here to fight cheaters then it's better to keep 50% off than 0.
This global list would require a script to be run on each server that wants to have the ban list from this global server, either via plugin or pawn based. (just think a bit about what was the SprunkBuster).
It looks a bit confusing at start lol but it all fits in.

Once again this would mean renting a server for these actions, a team monitorizing reports, as well as impartiality and being sure the Ban List is true and fair rather than abused.

Also, SA-MP could easily block CLEO the way they blocked some ****** version, some modded DATA files, etc.
With CLEO off the hackers hands it would be a lot easier to detect cheaters more effectively since the basic hack is the toggle and toggle can be easily detect by a simple pawn script. Although, CLEO is undetectable because there is no toggle the major of the times, there is a smart way to make a probability of bullets not hit you when they hit your skin. Although if your HP is forcely changed by a command, explosion or anything else, you will lose HP so it's undetectable unless the hacker does a self-bust, which was this case:

(this is the player's screen, not in spectate mod, he busted himself on a mini fragmovie)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cZvMCZMpj0[/ame]

Sure it is a good idea but who has the time to write such plugin nowadays? (and skills)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer_Z
Посмотреть сообщение
Sure it is a good idea but who has the time to write such plugin nowadays? (and skills)
Lets just say im working on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pghpunkid
Посмотреть сообщение
Lets just say im working on that.
Well then there is hope heheheh
If you need any help just ask, I'm keen to help.

Diablosrouge:
There're some problems.
  1. Player seems to be stop updating when they go to the ESC menu, so probably you can't take a screenshot of them, except you use some external connections.
  2. Can [Put the cheat name here] make a crack for that?
Finally I think some checks on vorbishooked.dll or d3d9.dll could be added, to prevent players from using the cheat but not ENB mod.

checks on d3d9.dll and such won't do that much because it can be easily bypassed. Even s***** did that change already when SAMP once blocked d3d9.dll.
The player stops updating when they go to ESC menu indeed, but it's possible to change that thing so the player doesn't stop updating. It would also prevent pausing to evade death etc.

you cannot block d3d9.dll , if it is not present in the gta directory , the Microsoft Direct X loads it as an default library for the game from the windows install directory. Thats the trick s.b..t uses. for now, you could add some 'virrus code' to gta_sa, called 'melting'. That woul be possible too but is an anti virus software risk.