Lag Near A lot of Cars [SPECS ARE NOT THE ISSUE]

Hey there, recently I've noticed that I lag quite a bit near a lot of cars. This never actually happened until recently. I know for a fact that my specs have not much to do with this.
AMD Phenom II X4 925 2.8GHz
4GB DDR2 RAM
ATI 5770 1GB
Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM HDD

So, 4 Gigs of RAM, a medium-high end GPU, and a quad core have trouble with some low texture cars. This makes no sense for me whatsoever. I also found a small solution that helps lag a bit. I set my affinity to four processors, through taskmanager whenever I start the game, I have no idea why it only has one core processing the game by default. But yeah, any help would be appreciated.

-Thanks

Do you have this problem with multiple games or only GTA ?
Do you have the lastest drivers installed ?
Which operating system do you use ?
Do you have any car/other mods ?

Car mods.

GTA San Andreas is using only 1 core by default.
You can still crank it up by lauching the game, going into the task manager, click on the proceses tab, right click on gta_sa.exe, "Set Affinity" and there you set how many cores will be working on the process.
This should improve the performance by atleast 40% or even solve the lagg issue totaly.

Alright, I already do set my affinity but it does not solve my problem entirely. I started having this problem even before car mods, I just updated my drivers, nothing, I also dusted and re-seated my graphics card, nothing. I run Windows 7 64 bit.

I remember reading something about GTA:SA and ATI graphics cards, maybe it's a problem with the model, IDK. Do some research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDirtyBastard
View Post
GTA San Andreas is using only 1 core by default.
You can still crank it up by lauching the game, going into the task manager, click on the proceses tab, right click on gta_sa.exe, "Set Affinity" and there you set how many cores will be working on the process.
This should improve the performance by atleast 40% or even solve the lagg issue totaly.

Useless.
I've tested it with a 2 thread processor before and it still runs with only 1 thread.

Remove the mods.

(NVidia is much better than ATI, also gta supports it)

Game works fine with my HD6970's, so i doubt it's due to the graphics card, since his card is not that bad (Point is that it's ATI and it always worked for me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garber
View Post
Game works fine with my HD6970's, so i doubt it's due to the graphics card, since his card is not that bad (Point is that it's ATI and it always worked for me).
his processor/other stuff isnt bad either, i guess its just a software problem (windows, drivers, mods,settings etc)