ddos attack

Some guy came on my server and launched a DDoS attack on us. Not only he succeeded, but he literally left the entire community network out of service for like 5 minutes. I couldn't access the server files, the forum was out, everything was out until I got a window of 30 seconds to ban him so he couldn't join the server anymore. Can someone give me some info about this software? I know guys who can develop a countermeasure. Please, if you have that program, share the info, send me a PM!

Well if it's a single IP "DDOSing You" then he is not DDOSing you A ddos attack requires multiple login attempts. I'm not sure what it is called. Also if he is takeing down your whole network with one IP that means he has a server himself. Lookup the IP's location and try and see whom owns it then report them to their server companey and they will more than likely loose their hosting.

I banned his ass instantly. the guy is a kid and he has some shitty program made for samp servers. at this moment I am not sure anymore if it was only me or it was the server. One thing I do know. He threatened me with flooding and I told him to shut up or he will get banned. He insulted me and after 2 seconds I lost the connection with the server. I tried to access the control panel and it didn't respond. after 3 minutes i could connect. and the 1st thing I did was banning his IP. This thing happened to me twice. Right now I don't know what to think.

Thats why you shouldn't host your server and site on the same server. You could try installing a software firewall.

they are not in the same computer but they are in the same network. A gaming community is hosting it.
The guy didn't shut down the network but somehow flooded me so I couldn't access them. Like I said, I'm not sure what I am dealing with here. that's why I am asking for information.

If possible, grab some logs and you can easily get him arrested if you really really think it's worth it, and getting him to prison.

Be happy the ddos attack was only for 5 minutes, some people are doing it the whole night.
Also a Ddos attack is nothing more or less as flooding the server with ping packages, since you can do this with lots of software (officially meant to stress-test networks) it will NOT help to ban the user.

Unfortunally theres not much you can do about ddos attacks, all you can do is ask your server provider if they maybe have a solution for it.

thx for the advice