ASUS Crosshair IV Formula

Anyone currently or have used this board before? It's pretty new and I have recently bought it (Still shipping) But I would like to hear some reviews if possible. Also if you have ever used the AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition CPU. Would like to hear a bit about that as I'm switching from Quad core too a Six core CPU.

As far as I know, it's fully Overclockable (which I plan on doing) as I have seen some reviews of the Unlock Core button.

Thanks.

LOL, I have x6 1090T and Crosshair IV Formula. Only one thing I can say about this system - One of the best processors(until they release Bulldozer, and then I'll be getting one ) from AMD.
And motherboard it's just great! I overclocked my processor to ~4.7GHz (Water cooling) and he was about ~100% stable, I had a few problems but when I downclocked it to ~4.5GHz it was 100% stable!

But, If you plain to use it on gaming, you won't really feel the difference between x4 and x6(probably few FPS more) since there are no games using 4 cores or more...for now!

Really one of the best you can buy right now for really cheap price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRyder
Посмотреть сообщение
LOL, I have x6 1090T and Crosshair IV Formula. Only one thing I can say about this system - One of the best processors(until they release Bulldozer, and then I'll be getting one ) from AMD.
And motherboard it's just great! I overclocked my processor to ~4.7GHz (Water cooling) and he was about ~100% stable, I had a few problems but when I downclocked it to ~4.5GHz it was 100% stable!

But, If you plain to use it on gaming, you won't really feel the difference between x4 and x6(probably few FPS more) since there are no games using 4 cores or more...for now!

Really one of the best you can buy right now for really cheap price.
For one, It's not exactly cheap. It's a pretty expensive motherboard for the ones you can currently get. And yes I will notice a huge difference because the clock speed for one is much faster. The amount of cores really does not mean much. My CPU just now is what is slowing most games down such as GTAIV etc.

I will be having Dual Nvidia GTX 260's in there too so that's around 2GB of GFX.

Well, yeah if you had CPU that works on lower frequency you will feel it.
And GTA IV is really weird optimized, or should I say not optimized, game, and with this(1090T) you will run it like a charm.

Why didn't you overclocked your old processor(x4)...? or it has a locked multiplier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRyder
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, yeah if you had CPU that works on lower frequency you will feel it.
And GTA IV is really weird optimized, or should I say not optimized, game, and with this(1090T) you will run it like a charm.

Why didn't you overclocked your old processor(x4)...? or it has a locked multiplier?
It's a stock CPU. You cannot overclock (Safely that is)

The AMD 1090T Black edition is great.
But the core unlock button is useless because its only for CPUS (some are like this) like the X4 where some have locked cores. For example, an X4 may really be a X6 but those two other cores are locked, so the X6 really is a X4. The core unlocker unlocks those two cores and you profit.

I am running mine at a steady 3.6ghz which isn't much but it doesnt bother me. The stock cooler is shit if you wanna OC higher. Does that mobo have the feature where you can plug another computer into it? cause THATS AWESOME.

And yes, the black edition does have the unlocked multiplier.

I will be having it watercooled so no need for stock fan coolers. Ill be overclocking mine much higher than 3.6GHz too as it comes at 3.2GHz, I've seen many people running it upwards of 4.3GHz stable.

Also the X6 Black edition is already Unlocked at 6 cores. Most 6 cores are, It's only 4 Cores that you can really unlock to 6 core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkrabz
Посмотреть сообщение
I will be having it watercooled so no need for stock fan coolers. Ill be overclocking mine much higher than 3.6GHz too as it comes at 3.2GHz, I've seen many people running it upwards of 4.3GHz stable.

Also the X6 Black edition is already Unlocked at 6 cores. Most 6 cores are, It's only 4 Cores that you can really unlock to 6 core.
I was gonna get that mobo, but decided to get a gigabyte because it was mostly the same features.
Tell me how you like it when you get it :P