Hosted list Servers!?

Hello,
Well, I need to know the impact that a server on hosted list would make on its functioning and player count!
When I asked few members here, the reason why a server I knew had less players even though the server script is scripted from scratch, its members are dedicated, sincere and determined(.net domain, player accounts, IRC, Forums, Store,etc), I was told that it lacked a hosted tab listing!

Now, how would hosted tab actually matter in increasing the players on a server? Since the server is on internet list, a player can anyways find it out! Well, hosted tab now has around 140 servers. And there are few servers on hosted list which have zero/less players.

Now, Would adding a server to hosted tab listing, increase the amount of players on the server? If so, how?

Because someone would rather look through a list of 140 servers in comparison to ~4000 servers...

In my opinion, yes. People who have experience will most likely check the hosted tab before going to the server advertisement section. Why?:

Buying a hosted tab proves you're ready to invest money into you're server. They also check it because the other servers on the hosted tabs are unuiqe, they have they're own GM and such. When they check the advertisement section, all they see is GF edits, free forums, domains and refunds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splixicit
Посмотреть сообщение
In my opinion, yes. People who have experience will most likely check the hosted tab before going to the server advertisement section. Why?:

Buying a hosted tab proves you're ready to invest money into you're server. They also check it because the other servers on the hosted tabs are unuiqe, they have they're own GM and such. When they check the advertisement section, all they see is GF edits, free forums, domains and refunds.
So if its a server scripted from scratch and not getting the amount of players/appreciation it deserves, its the time to showcase on Hosted list!? Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donB
Посмотреть сообщение
So if its a server scripted from scratch and not getting the amount of players/appreciation it deserves, its the time to showcase on Hosted list!? Nice.
As I said, In my opinion. Most players check the server advertisement section. But the players who have good roleplay experience usally check the hosted list before. So don't post sarcastic comments when you ask for people's answer. People will only join you're server if they see people on it. Most admins just log off and expect players.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
As I said, In my opinion. Most players check the server advertisement section. But the players who have good roleplay experience usally check the hosted list before. So don't post sarcastic comments when you ask for people's answer. People will only join you're server if they see people on it. Most admins just log off and expect players.
Dude, I don't know what made you think it was sarcastic. Seriously pwned.

You're comment was sarcastic. Others will agree. ' Seriously pwned '.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You're comment was sarcastic. Others will agree. ' Seriously pwned '.
Not really.

More people search on Hosted because the Majority of the servers there are Reliable and Very Well Planned out,Also you have more chances of people joining because your between another 4000 servers on the internet.

If a person has a shitty server then the hosted list wont help.