Do you think server advertisments work?

Do you think posting a server advert increse's player numbers, or not? I sometimes check out some servers i see posted, but then i quit a few mins later.

Seriously No If players only join to be admin if u will not give them power they leave !

They don't work at all, i don't ever join a server from that section and i think im not the only one.

SOMETIMES.

Because players without hosted tab cannot get players that often, therefore players will post here and they will see which server suits them.

Every server is RP ofcourse RP fails. Next RP you add to your samp favourites will have 0 players except some that are RUSSIAN/hosted tab or BALKAN

yeah i was in a server than a player came said who's the owner after i told him his name then he kept spamming that he wanted admin so i just banned him :P

They do work, yeah. I got a few people from SA-MP Forums here who are actually just good RPers and not ask for admin, but just play.

It really depends on how well your advertisement is written. Advertisements with a good layout, section headers, lots of information and maybe some screenshots are more likely to get a good reception.

Posts that consists out of only an IP spam .. Well, you know what I mean. The IP should be mentioned somewhere (duh), but not in size 7 on the first line of your advertisement.

Ow, forgot: free forums or a .tk or .co.cc domain can seriously hurt your advertisement's impact. A web address costs just Ђ10 a year. Use it to your advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
It really depends on how well your advertisement is written. Advertisements with a good layout, section headers, lots of information and maybe some screenshots are more likely to get a good reception.

Posts that consists out of only an IP spam .. Well, you know what I mean. The IP should be mentioned somewhere (duh), but not in size 7 on the first line of your advertisement.

Ow, forgot: free forums or a .tk or .co.cc domain can seriously hurt your advertisement's impact. A web address costs just Ђ10 a year. Use it to your advantage.
It just depends on the server itself, there's no adversitment in the world that would convince somebody to join a godfather/raven server.

They work, but if posting an IP and 2-3 sentences is the only thing you can do, and it's RP server, they won't

They work if you post a proper advertisment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
This is one of my biggest setback's, and will be corrected soon! I'm not trying to get players atm, just planning.

Man iff you call your server something like Penis Roleplay / Vagina Roleplay / Buttholes for free Death Match
thats intresting but imo adversting here will help a little depends on how you make the Adversting page iff you write for example

MY SERVER
JOIN IT NOW !!!
HERE IS IP

No one will join it then lol but imo iff the adversting looks cool its cool made the script is unique then yes i would join it but like Calg00ne says the Hosted tab would be most lickly the best option, no doubt.

The reason the advertisement section doesn't work is because it's common knowledge 99% of the servers are shit quality, so nobody ever looks at it.

Advertisments might help Grab people's attraction, ONLY IF there is much effort in it .. Not like "Hey join my server *Random IP*" , but this doesnt help with GF edits and ravens ofcourse, they're all the same.

Anyone else?

Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Playa
Посмотреть сообщение
No for roleplay ads.

Want to know why?

1) Half of the server advertisements have no effort in them. The advertisement creator (a 4th grader who can barely spell) has horrible grammar and has NO effort in their advertisement whatsoever, which makes it a noob server.

2) When I join the server, it's just a GF, LARP, USRP, Raven's edit. I have no problem on playing one, but if it has the same old features with no fun stuff then I'll permanently leave your server.

3) Another thing that's sad is that many people use .tk, they make their free forums look cheap because they want to hide their domain to look professional, when the owner can't even invest a penny for a .com or something.

4) A common thing; Owners want to keep their players, so they spoil them by refunding (or giving away millions of dollars, a house, etc.) to find out their player stopped playing at your server last night.

5) RP servers are not really popular (excluding NGG, SARP, USRP, LSRP, vG, all those other popular RP servers). Players don't find your server interesting because it doesn't have what another server has, or the server has too many bugs, or it's a fresh GF, etc edit, nothing new added.

6) Many players just join a server (in the server advertisements) and ask for a lot of stuff (like admin powers for example). If the player is denied, they will feel left out and unwanted, and leave.

7) Many of the roleplay servers out there are dead 24/7. Some are not dead yet however, but they are going to die really soon.

I was part of a community once, and let me tell you - it was awesome. The server had 10+ players a day, and it wasn't even close to dying yet! In the beginning of April, the owner of the server had to quit SA:MP for real life commitments, so there was a new owner. Ever since the owner resigned, the server slowly began to die (it took a few weeks from there for the server to die). I was their scripter. Even though I did it for free, I enjoyed the server very very much. Too bad it's expired and dead now.

If you want a server, you should have a lot of features, and it's not going to hurt you to spend $10 for a domain. If you can't afford it, that's okay, you could live without it, but just DON'T use .tk, .co.cc, or any other domain extension that makes your domain paid for. Also, don't be refunding players because that's just stupid, and put some effort in your application! I know whether advertisements are copied or not, and you're supposed to make an Advertisement a month, but people want to boost their playercount by advertising their server 10+ times a month. And finally, if you want your server to be successful, I suggest you learn how to script and develop your own gamemode. If you want your server to be even MORE popular, host a unique TDM / DM / CnR server, but if it's going to be some gamemode from this forum, or it's just a "Call of Duty" gamemode, then I'm leaving. Players (especially me, I'm a rare and strict player) want uniqueness, so if you don't have any, other than changing some text strings around (and claiming it as your own) then they'll leave and hopefully find a better server.
Wow, that made me think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Playa
Посмотреть сообщение
No for roleplay ads.

Want to know why?

1) Half of the server advertisements have no effort in them. The advertisement creator (a 4th grader who can barely spell) has horrible grammar and has NO effort in their advertisement whatsoever, which makes it a noob server.

2) When I join the server, it's just a GF, LARP, USRP, Raven's edit. I have no problem on playing one, but if it has the same old features with no fun stuff then I'll permanently leave your server.

3) Another thing that's sad is that many people use .tk, they make their free forums look cheap because they want to hide their domain to look professional, when the owner can't even invest a penny for a .com or something.

4) A common thing; Owners want to keep their players, so they spoil them by refunding (or giving away millions of dollars, a house, etc.) to find out their player stopped playing at your server last night.

5) RP servers are not really popular (excluding NGG, SARP, USRP, LSRP, vG, all those other popular RP servers). Players don't find your server interesting because it doesn't have what another server has, or the server has too many bugs, or it's a fresh GF, etc edit, nothing new added.

6) Many players just join a server (in the server advertisements) and ask for a lot of stuff (like admin powers for example). If the player is denied, they will feel left out and unwanted, and leave.

7) Many of the roleplay servers out there are dead 24/7. Some are not dead yet however, but they are going to die really soon.

I was part of a community once, and let me tell you - it was awesome. The server had 10+ players a day, and it wasn't even close to dying yet! In the beginning of April, the owner of the server had to quit SA:MP for real life commitments, so there was a new owner. Ever since the owner resigned, the server slowly began to die (it took a few weeks from there for the server to die). I was their scripter. Even though I did it for free, I enjoyed the server very very much. Too bad it's expired and dead now.

If you want a server, you should have a lot of features, and it's not going to hurt you to spend $10 for a domain. If you can't afford it, that's okay, you could live without it, but just DON'T use .tk, .co.cc, or any other domain extension that makes your domain paid for. Also, don't be refunding players because that's just stupid, and put some effort in your application! I know whether advertisements are copied or not, and you're supposed to make an Advertisement a month, but people want to boost their playercount by advertising their server 10+ times a month. And finally, if you want your server to be successful, I suggest you learn how to script and develop your own gamemode. If you want your server to be even MORE popular, host a unique TDM / DM / CnR server, but if it's going to be some gamemode from this forum, or it's just a "Call of Duty" gamemode, then I'm leaving. Players (especially me, I'm a rare and strict player) want uniqueness, so if you don't have any, other than changing some text strings around (and claiming it as your own) then they'll leave and hopefully find a better server.
Lol i join every server with the name Call of Duty to check if they had copied my ideas or there server is alike mine.
especially with the BLACKOPS.

I aometimes try a server from that section i always wind up with noob server with noob admins i only found 1! server that was good and fun:P

I dont personally look at the Server Advertisements section. Because most of them are either servers owned by
players who put no effor in it.
I usually browse the hosted list :3