How do i change my server ip

Hi I need help on changing my server ip

You cannot change your server IP.
If you are renting a server you could request another IP on support or something, but i doubt that's their policy,
if you are hosting at your own computer you simply can't unless you change your own IP which could be hard depending on how your ISP setup your connection, but it's not completely impossible.

But my server ip for me is Localhost:7777 how do i change it for other people to go on

Do you know how

As i understood this guy didn't hosted his server. O.o

Hello there Niyaz..i'm not sure what you wanna do and what you did already so reading this might help you.Try it out,after you finish reading this do what it says in tutorial and your server IP will be your internet IP addres.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niyaz
View Post
But my server ip for me is Localhost:7777 how do i change it for other people to go on
So... you're hosting it on localhost? That's your computer, right?

If you want your server to be accesible by other people you can either forward your ports so that you can host it at home, or pay for a host.

If you want to change your ip you probably won't be able to do so, unless you want your game to be visible from LAN and in that case you could try changing the ipv4 settings.

Go to http://warservers.net/help/myip.php

That is your external IP witch your friends can connect to

lol........i think he has not still port forwarded it.............
if need help about something PM me!!

So, as I understand you want to change your server IP? Well, that is possible!

Quote:
bind - Force the server to use a specific IP on a server. This IP must match one assigned to a network card on the server. This is useful for running multiple servers on the same port on the same box.
Add the line 'bind' in your server.cfg, it doesn't matter where. Behind 'bind' you put the ip that you'd like!

Goodluck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SFA]SpiRRiT
View Post
So, as I understand you want to change your server IP? Well, that is possible!

Add the line 'bind' in your server.cfg, it doesn't matter where. Behind 'bind' you put the ip that you'd like!

Goodluck!
That wont work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garber
View Post
That wont work.
Then why do they say it will on wiki.sa-mp .. -_-'
and btw, I just tested it, and it works! You have to set 'bind' and then an ip, without any ports behind it!
Quote:
NOTICE:
- YOU NEED TO DELETE 'PORT' AND THE THING BEHIND IT!
- YOU NEED TO HAVE 9 NUMBERS IN THE IP YOU WANT! (below I'll give some example's)
examples:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
bind 83.10.12.825
Code:
Just as long as you got 9 numbers!
Code:
Remember! Don't put port behind it!!