[Question] - How to get String from inputtext

I'm trying to make something like register system where you need to insert some details about you ( in dialog).
And when I come to players origins where you need to write where are you from, seems that I can't get good function to get string from inputtext. So if they write "France" it will store France as a origin....

I tried with strval() but it will get me only the value of that string if it's a numeric...

Please give me a hint...
Thank you.

Inputtext IS a string. Use format to save otherwise pawno will give you some error.

Edit* lul

Yeah, I knew it was a string. But it was always giving me some errors about how my PlayerEnum was too small to write that...So..Anyways, I'll try to format it now..

Thanks!

Hmm, I tried with strcat() and now I tried with format. But I always get an error. This is what I got:
pawn Код:
//enum
    PlayersOrigins[255]

//In dialog

new string[40];
            //This doesn't work.
            format(string, 40, "%s", inputtext);
            pInfo[playerid][PlayersOrigins] = string;

// But this works.
            format(string, 40, "Okay, so you are from {FFFF00}%s{FFFFFF}.",inputtext);
            SendClientMessage(playerid, WHITE, string);
So what am I doing wrong?

Edit: And ******, you mention that I shouldn't use format. Why not?

******, you should do a tutorial on string copying

If you read his thread on optimization, there's a section elaborating on strcpy/strcat.

I made this:

Код:
new senhaadministracao[256];

if(response)
{
        if(strlen(inputtext) == 0)
        return ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, 3, DIALOG_STYLE_INPUT, "Nova senha da administraзгo","Escreva abaixo a nova senha", "Concluir", "Cancelar");
	new pass[256];
	new string[256];
	INI_Open("server/administracao.ini");
        pass = INI_ReadString("SenhaAdministracao");
        INI_Close();
	if(!strcmp(pass,inputtext, false))
	{
		ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, 3, DIALOG_STYLE_INPUT, "Nova senha da administraзгo","Escreva abaixo a nova senha", "Concluir", "Cancelar");
		GameTextForPlayer(playerid, "~r~Mesma senha!",3000, 3);
		SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_RED, "Vocк digitou a mesma senha atual, escolha outra.");
		return 1;
		}
		else
		{
                format(senhaadministracao, sizeof(senhaadministracao), "%s", inputtext); // VERY IMPORTANT
                SetTimer("arqadmin",4000,false); // NOT IMPORTANT
                GameTextForPlayer(playerid, "~g~Concluido!",4000, 3); // NOT IMPORTANT
                format(string,sizeof(string), "Vocк modificou a senha do administrador para: %s", inputtext); // NOT IMPORTANT
                SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GREEN, string); // NOT IMPORTANT
		}
	return 1;
}

// SAVING:

INI_Open("server/administracao.ini");
INI_WriteString("SenhaAdministracao", senhaadministracao);
INI_Save();
INI_Close();
If i Help you , please REP +
Thank you so much , god bless.