pc performance for a dedicated server

hi
i think this post will be interesting for all the guys who host their server in their own Computer
for those how know can you pls tell use what the recommended performance for a server with 30 slot - 50 slot - 100 slot

I dont know much about this either, but i will tell you this.

I think it is 25kbps to run 1 player, so use some math to figure it out yourself, im kinda tired to do it.

A 100 slot server uses roughly 4 Mbps upstream.

I'm guessing if you have a decent Inet connection, then you should be able to handle 30 players.

Well, let's say 5kb\s each player.

5 * 30 = 150kb\s upload.

5 * 50 = 250kb\s upload.

5 * 100 = 500kb\s upload.

So, that's an AVERAGE, if you want a 30 slot server full with no LAG, you will need at least 250kb\s of upload.

PR-RP hits about 180 players max lately the highest bandwidth of yesterday was 8mbps incoming and 3mbps outgoing a second. We hit 155 players and in that time was averaging over 140 players. So take a guess from that pretty much.

Right now at 40 players where using about outgoing 480kb-520kb and incoming 230kb-260kb total combined 680kb-720kb. It does also spike the outgoing to about 700kb every now and than.

Now we do run on a big gamemode I must remind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr187
Посмотреть сообщение
PR-RP hits about 180 players max lately the highest bandwidth of yesterday was 8mbps incoming and 3mbps outgoing a second. We hit 155 players and in that time was averaging over 140 players. So take a guest from that pretty much.

Right now at 40 players where using about outgoing 480kb-520kb and incoming 230kb-260kb total combined 680kb-720kb. It does also spike the outgoing to about 700kb every now and than.

Now we do run on a big gamemode I must remind you.
Why do you need to drop your server ads everywhere, everytime? Can't you just say "My server hits..." instead of "PROJECT REALITY HITS 180 PLAYERS MAX, I AM SO AWESUM!!!11"?
(BTW: Game-Monitor says your max players online was just above 135, nowhere near 180.... Either you are lieing, or they were online for a really short time...)

Back on topic:
I would recommend using Vince's 4mb/s for 100 players. In my opinion you should have more then what you need when it comes to bandwith and up-/downloadspeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Посмотреть сообщение
Why do you need to drop your server ads everywhere, everytime? Can't you just say "My server hits..." instead of "PROJECT REALITY HITS 180 PLAYERS MAX, I AM SO AWESUM!!!11"?
(BTW: Game-Monitor says your max players online was just above 135, nowhere near 180.... Either you are lieing, or they were online for a really short time...).
I say PR-RP because some people are going to wounder (what server is he talking about?) Everybody knows what PR-RP is because it's one of the biggest servers of SA-MP for 2 years straight. A lot of people don't know I am the owner though. And just because I say PR-RP doesn't mean I am dropping "ads" I really have no reason to do so. I am giving advice, if you don't like it well your not the thread creator so how about fuck off.

Also Game Monitor is a fail monitor now days haven't you noticed it can't track over 144 players on my server? it's not up to date with 0.3 use sacnr.com --> http://monitor.sacnr.com/server-113707.html "Peak Players: 209" and the newest server --> http://monitor.sacnr.com/server-246464.html

I think I last worked it out at about 9GB per month per player. I'd allow 10GB to be safe though.

so ok i have 1 mega upload ... but still have lags ... i'm sure that is not normal (over 10 players start laging)
well my server is hosted in my old laptop
1 g ram ...
any sugestion