PAWN android application

A stupid idea, maybe. But a good idea non the less. I was thinking about this earlier, I personally ponder about scripting ideas on the move, where I won't have my laptop, for example. Sometimes when i'm at home, I consider things scripting wise, but have the availability of my laptop and PAWNO. Now, depednding. On who you are, this may seem like a rather stupid idea, in which case stop reading now. But this is my idea, some of you may like it, others not.

An android application, should be created and made available officially or unofficially for the use of PAWN/SAMP scripters, it would not neccesarily need the compiler, although it would be a nice feature. It could also have syntax highlighting, although again nopt neccessaru, because I personally, (and i'm sure some others) don't pay attention to some of the highlighting the official PAWN(O) program does currently. It should simply save/edit/create PAWN (.pwn) files to be edited either on the application or on a computer.

Again, many of you will think that is a stupid idea, but if I could create such a thing, I would. I know there was a java release of such a thing a long time ago, but I can't find it so don't know whether it will compatable, although i'm sure it won't because android operating systems don't comply with java standards. Just a side thought, what if a web application was created to do exactly the same thing - then the browser of the device could be used (and if in php, use execute/shell_exec to execute the compiler)

Just a thought, sorry if theres any errors in this post, i'm typing it on my new phone (influence for this idea) and so i'm sorry - when I get back on my laptop, I will edit it. What are your thoughts on this idea?

Thanks,
Ash

I was in favour of this idea quite a while ago when a basic application for writing pawn code on a mobile device was released (as you have mentioned in your post). After a lot of thinking I realised, can anybody really be bothered to write code on a mobile device? The only reason I see an application like this being released, is if it supports compiling (maybe for fixing minor errors if you are on holiday somewhere when your server is running?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewwy
Посмотреть сообщение
I was in favour of this idea quite a while ago when a basic application for writing pawn code on a mobile device was released (as you have mentioned in your post). After a lot of thinking I realised, can anybody really be bothered to write code on a mobile device? The only reason I see an application like this being released, is if it supports compiling (maybe for fixing minor errors if you are on holiday somewhere when your server is running?).

I have to say, i'm guilty of taking a memory stick with me if I go on holiday, however portability when jst at the local supermarket with your mother who is constantly running round - would be helpful, in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure some dude made this like a year ago or something.

I thought about this a while ago and until recently I didn't have the ability to do it. Just about a month ago or so I began learning Java, and just a few days ago I learned how to implement this knowledge on the Android OS. Unfortunately, just as I did learn that my computer's hard drive failed... So now I'm using my laptop which can barely run the Android emulator for testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky1234
Посмотреть сообщение
I have to say, i'm guilty of taking a memory stick with me if I go on holiday, however portability when jst at the local supermarket with your mother who is constantly running round - would be helpful, in my opinion.
I can't say I disagree. I would most certainly use a program such as the one you suggested, only if it had compiling support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, both funky1234 and I have mentioned this.

Can i just ask, has anyone considered the web application possibility? Most android enabled devices, seem to have pretty good browsers, and are not laggy / crashing. Just another thought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky1234
Посмотреть сообщение
Can i just ask, has anyone considered the web application possibility? Most android enabled devices, seem to have pretty good browsers, and are not laggy / crashing. Just another thought?
I made a PAWN playground web-app once (it compiled and executed PAWN code, basically). If anyone feels like hosting it I would gladly dig it up from some old harddrive somewhere.
Another thing I did was use CodeMirror to give the web-app full syntax highlighting along with auto-indentation.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I made a PAWN playground web-app once (it compiled and executed PAWN code, basically). If anyone feels like hosting it I would gladly dig it up from some old harddrive somewhere.
Another thing I did was use CodeMirror to give the web-app full syntax highlighting along with auto-indentation.
If you want we'd love to host it. We've also got an Android Developer account if anyone want's us to publish any SA-MP related applications to the Android Market.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, someone made a java applet for it.
Have fun finding it xD