Bot flood attacks

Hi,
Is there any way to prevent people from flooding the server with invisible bots? I kick bots who join and have a IP which is different from the server's are kicked, but it doesn't help. The bots themselves are not shown in the server log, but the ID rises until noone can connect.

The server is not home-hosted.

Thanks in advance

PS: I know about this topic: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...ot+fill&page=7 but it's quite old already :/

What about banning an IP?

Try some of the methods below:

Код:
1) Try moving your server / changing it's IP.
2) Put a password on the server and only tell your players the password. 
3) Ban the IP of the bot.

try to ban the whole country's IP?...

I think I actually hit him because he evidentially is a script kiddy and attacked from his own IP

I also sent an email to the ISP but I dont think that it'll help, but maybe :P

There was a server update to address this issue, update the server to latest version.

What server version are you using?
If you aren't using 0.3c r2 I recommend you to try that, as it has improved security features for these kind of attacks.

(Btw: to the people above: how can he ban the ip if it doesn't show up in the server logs...? Read/think before posting...)
((Btw2: please disregard the 'tip' of changing ip and whatever he said. Unless you want to lose players, that's the worst idea ever...))

I thought my hoster already did that :/

I did it now, let's hope that they didn't find a new way to fill servers but that it was my fault^^

@Infinity: The guy actually came on and was like "hey im attacking your server now"

Also, if they do find a way, SA-MP should now be able to save the ip(s) used in these attacks and print them in the logs.