Servers faking their players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
I don't think this is anything to do with CNPC. They're just exploiting the fact that we have very light conditions, allowing servers to advertise themselves without registering. The IP ranges of these servers are being blocked as they come online. We may look at requiring registration for servers to list themselves, as this problem has been going on for a while and seems to be getting worse.
What do you think about chaning IP. They could do that.

Quote:
View Post
I don't think this is anything to do with CNPC. They're just exploiting the fact that we have very light conditions, allowing servers to advertise themselves without registering. The IP ranges of these servers are being blocked as they come online. We may look at requiring registration for servers to list themselves, as this problem has been going on for a while and seems to be getting worse.
I agree completely. I'm sure people have servers online and have completely forgotten about them, once registration is added they will all be basically running for no reason.

Quote:
View Post
That would help weed out the ghetto/shady "here let me open up my 0/10 server for the day and go advertise on all the popular servers and get banned" server operators. It would also give incentive to those wanting to run serious/dedicated servers. No register? no listing. Sort of like the hosted tab though no cost. I like it.

Quote:
View Post
Thats a great idea, perhaps the programmers of SAMP (You ofcourse and another person if there is) should make Server ID's, you have to register your server ID and you could ban it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenc_
View Post
Thats a great idea, perhaps the programmers of SAMP (You ofcourse and another person if there is) should make Server ID's, you have to register your server ID and you could ban it.
I would feel sorry for the SA:MP team - or at least whoever is willing to process all those server registrations. Even if there were IDs, I don't think it wouldn't really make a difference. Over time, the server registration list will stack up. And what? I surely hope they just don't deny new registrations because there are way too many.

Also, there really isn't a need for IDs. They are just like IP Addresses, except with less digits and numbers. Banning an ID would be just as the same as banning an IP Address. Adding IDs would just create more work for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toni
View Post
I would feel sorry for the SA:MP team - or at least whoever is willing to process all those server registrations. Even if there were IDs, I don't think it wouldn't really make a difference. Over time, the server registration list will stack up. And what? I surely hope they just don't deny new registrations because there are way too many.

Also, there really isn't a need for IDs. They are just like IP Addresses, except with less digits and numbers. Banning an ID would be just as the same as banning an IP Address. Adding IDs would just create more work for everyone.
The problem with banning an IP address is that it would ban any server on that IP address. What if the IP address is used by a hosting company, such as Volt Host? Would they need an IP change to go around the IP ban? That would be stupid. I think ID's would do just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
View Post
The problem with banning an IP address is that it would ban any server on that IP address. What if the IP address is used by a hosting company, such as Volt Host? Would they need an IP change to go around the IP ban? That would be stupid. I think ID's would do just fine.
Still, then it causes more work for the SA:MP team. I'd hate to process a few hundred servers in a week. Wouldn't it also make it necessary for hosts to send a request / registration? Or do you plan on asking the person who ordered to manually do it themselves.

Quote:
View Post
We may look at requiring registration for servers to list themselves, as this problem has been going on for a while and seems to be getting worse.
I support this idea, it'll clean SA-MP community out of trash and one-day servers

Quote:
View Post
We may look at requiring registration for servers to list themselves, as this problem has been going on for a while and seems to be getting worse.
I don't see how'd that help!
People register a server with an unique ID, then they put bots in it; their server gets blocked, they register another server, with a completely different IP.

Maybe that they need to register their server and when their license gets revoked then the server will stay offline.
And when they try to register it again the people who accepts registrations are checking everything if they did not broke the Agreements.