Good PC Desktop

I wanted to buy an AlienWare PC Aurora. I'm woried about the performance so i need a good one. I want to run almost all games on max such as GTA 4, BFBC2, Mafia 2. I want run that games on max settings with at least 40FPS.

It costs Ђ1.549,0.

CPU: Intel core i7 830 / 2.8 GHz
MotherBoard: ALIENWARE AURORA VOLTAIRE
RAM: 6 GB DDr3
HDD: 1500 GB SATA
GPU: ATI HD 5870 1x 1GB

I'm woried about the graphic card. Should i choose a better graphic card?

The graphics card is amazing if you ask me.

ATI HD 5870 can run GTAIV and other games.

Remember that GTAIV High settings can be run, but not well. More or less bad porting from the console. If your that worried go for the 5970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkrabz
Посмотреть сообщение
ATI HD 5870 can run GTAIV and other games.

Remember that GTAIV High settings can be run, but not well. More or less bad porting from the console. If your that worried go for the 5970
Do you think that GTX480 is better than HD 5870?

I've never been a fan of nVidia cards, always prefered ATI cards. Also if you're going to downright buy a card then don't buy the 5xxx series, the 6xxx series is out now and they are cheaper than the 5xxx series cards. Look into getting a 6850/6870.

People stop buying complete PC's cos they are more expensive
If you ask me AlienWare have pimped PC cases and good cooling system but i suggest you to make your own configuration the way you like...and what is your budget?
For 1.500 EU you can buy awesome configuration....but i think its to much...(i have 2 years old PC and i payed it 500 EU and it still run some new games!)

I have spent ~500 euro on my last PC (I used a online pc builder, and assembled it myself). I can run every game I tried on high settings (Crysis 2, Mafia 2, GTA IV, Farcry2) I get arround 30fps, my specs are;

MSI P55-GD65 motherboard
Intel core i5 750 running overclocked, stable on 3.4GHz
4GB RAM DDR3
NVIDIA GTS450(512 MB) by MSI which is the overclocked version of the standard GTS450

I run my games on 1600x900, although if you look forwad to the upcomming games, which will require more resourced eventually, I would go with a new version of the core i5 or i7 (or look into some of those AMD, I have friends who use them, its cheaper and almost gets the same result) for a GFX card I would go a little higher aswell, personally I preffer NVIDIA, look at brands like MSI or XFX for graphic cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTochNietDan
Посмотреть сообщение
I've never been a fan of nVidia cards, always prefered ATI cards. Also if you're going to downright buy a card then don't buy the 5xxx series, the 6xxx series is out now and they are cheaper than the 5xxx series cards. Look into getting a 6850/6870.
Yes you right, but i think the graphic by nVIDIA is much much better than ATI but ATI have a good performance better than nVIDIA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playbox12
Посмотреть сообщение
I have spent ~500 euro on my last PC (I used a online pc builder, and assembled it myself). I can run every game I tried on high settings (Crysis 2, Mafia 2, GTA IV, Farcry2) I get arround 30fps, my specs are;

MSI P55-GD65 motherboard
Intel core i5 750 running overclocked, stable on 3.4GHz
4GB RAM DDR3
NVIDIA GTS450(512 MB) by MSI which is the overclocked version of the standard GTS450

I run my games on 1600x900, although if you look forwad to the upcomming games, which will require more resourced eventually, I would go with a new version of the core i5 or i7 (or look into some of those AMD, I have friends who use them, its cheaper and almost gets the same result) for a GFX card I would go a little higher aswell, personally I preffer NVIDIA, look at brands like MSI or XFX for graphic cards.
Yes not bad for only 500Ђ but your graphic card still a bit old. GTS with 512mb dedicated hmmm

Well you can use this site as a comparison website, do you really want to pay all of that extra for an nVidia card that only performs slightly better?

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTochNietDan
Посмотреть сообщение
Well you can use this site as a comparison website, do you really want to pay all of that extra for an nVidia card that only performs slightly better?

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
Yes you right the newest video cards are so expensive and it had a bit difference. Radeon HD 6950 = 239.99 and Radeon HD 6990 = 722.99 are they kidding me?