Is it possible to steal maps, pickups, 3dlabels and vehicles? [DISCUSSION]

I am in no way to suggest this to happen, nor will i ever try and do so, i would just like to know if it's possible or not for my latest mapping project.

So, is it possible to steal server's maps from ingame? It's possible to debug, find out the object ID's - i'm sure it must be possible to get the X, Y, Z too?

Is this possible or not? Please discuss in reply's.

I know a few friends which take much care in their work .. i don't want this to happen to them or me but i'm just curious..

I suppose this also applies with Vehicles, Pickups and 3DTextLabels, too?

Is it possible or not? Discuss!!

I dont think so.

It's possible to steal:
Cars(model, spawn pos, color)
Pickups (Model,Spawn pos)
Objects(Model id, Spawn point)
3dlabels (Text, position, los)

There is nothing you can do about this.. The clients needs to get the information about where the objects, cars and so on are located. Currently I only know one cheat tool that can be used to do things like this. But that tool can only steal objects, cars and pickups atm not 3dlabels.

Really /save should only be available to people logged into RCON on that particular server.

So .. all those sweet looking maps are vunlerable on any server?

Nowadays people are hiring and paying for professional mappers...

And you can steal them?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingTurf
Посмотреть сообщение
So .. all those sweet looking maps are vunlerable on any server?

Nowadays people are hiring and paying for professional mappers...

And you can steal them?!?
Yes it's possible and it will always be possible as long the game knows where the objects should be rendered.. You know it's always possible to look at the games memory and see where the objects are. The only why to protect you agents this is to only show this to trusted people. Btw map sellers can take screens of the maps instead of letting people test play them.. Or even make an movie of them.

If the player is streamed in, then he can steal your objects. You have to take risks i guess...

Well, i didn't know that ..