Request: dnsblacklist

Hello

I want to request a new feature for the next version of server.
I noticed a alarming increase in players using proxy's and vpns, i did a quick search and it turns out that software for windows is widely available to use those features for samp and so evade bans.

We (andromada) are already developing an perl irc bot that will check on multiple dns blacklists(socks,http etc)
But this can only be done by sending a players ip to an irc server, best would be to make a build in script to prevent those cheaters from joining.

Hope this feature will be developed since this is damn annoying

PS: or a better solution: every client gets a serial, ban the serial done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipy
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello

I want to request a new feature for the next version of server.
I noticed a alarming increase in players using proxy's and vpns, i did a quick search and it turns out that software for windows is widely available to use those features for samp and so evade bans.

We (andromada) are already developing an perl irc bot that will check on multiple dns blacklists(socks,http etc)
But this can only be done by sending a players ip to an irc server, best would be to make a build in script to prevent those cheaters from joining.

Hope this feature will be developed since this is damn annoying

PS: or a better solution: every client gets a serial, ban the serial done.
As a reply to your better solution, a simple fix for the cheaters would be to re-install SA:MP, problem solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylar Paul
Посмотреть сообщение
As a reply to your better solution, a simple fix for the cheaters would be to re-install SA:MP, problem solved.
You mean; the cheaters can evade bans by reinstalling SAMP? o.O

There's DNS plugin, search for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiDok
Посмотреть сообщение
There's DNS plugin, search for it
If dnsbl is going to do the job but its becoming damn annoying( cant imagine what will happen with ipv6, since i thought every computer gets its own ipv6 address.

Anyway if you want to connect a serial to a pc's hardware, it needs to be done by the developers. And maby the serial do not gets removed out of the registry after removing samp. A lot of script kiddie nubs do not know what to do so it will already filter out a lot of players =]

Hardware serial bans have been suggested for at least a year now. I bet it never happens.

There are alternatives though...