Setting up a VPS..

Hello, I have a VPS, but I don't even know how to start lol..

Anyone could help me please?

Thanks

First, what OS. And what do you want on it?

Oh, yea, it's running Fedora.

I would like a SAMP server and a TS server if it could.

Installing a SA-MP Server is pretty simple.
First you will want a SSH client like PuTTY

Install, and enter the IP of your VPS which you should have gotten from your host. It will ask for a username and password also once you connect. This will usually be the username 'root' and your password you gave (Unless they generated one and sent you one in the email)

first thing you want to make sure is that your in the main directory by typing cd ~

then type wget http://team.sa-mp.com/files/samp03csvr_R2-2.tar.gz
That will download the .tar.gz for linux.

You will now what to extract the tar.gz by typing: tar -zxf samp03csvr_R2-2.tar.gz

Next go into the folder you just extracted by typing: cd samp03 (I think the folder is called that if not type ls and it should show what the folder is called).

Now to make things easier, download a program called WinSCP. This is basically FTP for linux. Install and connect to your VPS (Pretty simple).

Locate to the samp03 folder and edit server.cfg to whatever you want.

Back to PuTTY, type in
Quote:

nohup ./samp03svr &

This will start the server (nohup makes the server still run even when you quit PuTTY)

And that's pretty much it.

Edit: Oh and if you get permission errors type (make sure your in the samp03 folder): chmod 700 *

Team Speak: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...-latest-patch!

Really man, thank you

But I have a problem with PuTTY:

I enter the VPS IP on the 'Host Name' dialog, then I press enter and after some seconds a pop-up comes and says:

'Network error: Connection timed out'

PS: I have the VPS online.

Who is your hoster? Do you have any control panel? SolusVM?

I have it at www.cloudsigma.com, and I can only start the VPS from their panel..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkrabz
Посмотреть сообщение
Installing a SA-MP Server is pretty simple.
First you will want a SSH client like PuTTY
I would rather use SSH Secure Shell Client. As it got a File Manager built in. I use it, And its really good. Its like FTP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexzzPro
Посмотреть сообщение
I would rather use SSH Secure Shell Client. As it got a File Manager built in. I use it, And its really good. Its like FTP.
PuTTY comes with an initial build allowing SFTP, PSFTP.