How to make my server successfull?

Well, hello.

I'm about to make an RP server, and I want to ask some veteran scripters, what mode should I edit to make my server successfull.
What features should I make?
What factions should I make?
What city is the most successfull for RolePlay servers.

Best regards,
Ben7544.

Well, I'm not a scripter though I do have a huge amount of experience with roleplay servers. I know what I'm about to say may sound stupid, but it's true:
The SA-RP script is a well known editable script what every player is familiar with. If your staff are chose right and your community is friendly. Then your server will be successfull overtime. It just takes time to get loyal players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben7544
Посмотреть сообщение
what mode should I edit to make my server successfull.
I'll have to disappoint you right away. If you're going to edit some GF or something like that, your most likely gonna fail...So... Enter pawno and press Ctrl+N and start coding...
Be original. That's the only thing what people are looking for in SA:MP servers.

Thank you.
I still consider what mode should I edit, couldn't find any 'Sa-Rp' before, mind to give me its link?

Edit :

Well, about the Control+N thingy.
It'll take me about 2 months to make an BASED ROLEPLAY mode.

So, I prefer to not make my own gamemode, but I'm about to edit about 3 months the currently mode.

It's most likely impossible. The ammount of RP servers (most of them godfather edits handled by nine years old pre-mature kids) is outrageous and your server will look like 'oh, not ANOTHER rp server which is empty'. So for your own good, join one where you can have fun, or you can do the sacrifice (and you will go thru VERY HARD stages to get players) and give it a try.

It's a fact that the most unique scripts don't get any credits for their effort and their playerbase is sadly, but truthful, very low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admantis
Посмотреть сообщение
It's a fact that the most unique scripts don't get any credits for their effort and their playerbase is sadly, but truthful, very low.
Couldn't agree more with you.

Start learning Pawn language.

My server is 95% completely from scratch, the other 5% are some filterscripts I use in my gamemode.

Trust me, you won't regret making your own script, rather than editing someone's noob ass script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grand.Theft.Otto
Посмотреть сообщение
Start learning Pawn language.

My server is 95% completely from scratch, the other 5% are some filterscripts I use in my gamemode.

Trust me, you won't regret making your own script, rather than editing someone's noob ass script.
ye.

example of a noob ass script (some what a joke)
pawn Код:
#define COLOR_NOOB 0xAFAFAFAA
#define noob [MaxPlayers]

new noob

public OnPlayerConnect(playerid)
{
    SendPlayerMessage(playerid, COLOR_NOOB, "Welcome %s to this noob server!", name);
    noobPlayer(playerid, noob, name, sizeof(name));
    noobStats(playerid, noob, stats, sizeof(stats));
    noobKills(playerid, noob, Kills, sizeof(kills));
    Format(ConnectMsg, 100, "%s [ID: %i] Is a good damn noob!", name, playerid);
    SendPlayerMessage(player, COLOR_NOOB, "Please don't come back again!");
    kick(playerid)
    return 1;
}
edit:

lol i don't even know why i made that

it wouldnt even work im no scripting pro but several things in that snipper need to be defined and one needs to be forwarded xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyboy
Посмотреть сообщение
ye.

example of a noob ass script (some what a joke)
pawn Код:
#define COLOR_NOOB 0xAFAFAFAA
#define noob [MaxPlayers]

new noob

public OnPlayerConnect(playerid)
{
    SendPlayerMessage(playerid, COLOR_NOOB, "Welcome %s to this noob server!", name);
    noobPlayer(playerid, noob, name, sizeof(name));
    noobStats(playerid, noob, stats, sizeof(stats));
    noobKills(playerid, noob, Kills, sizeof(kills));
    Format(ConnectMsg, 100, "%s [ID: %i] Is a good damn noob!", name, playerid);
    SendPlayerMessage(player, COLOR_NOOB, "Please don't come back again!");
    kick(playerid)
    return 1;
}
edit:

lol i don't even know why i made that
NOOB, ITS [MAX_PLAYERS] NOT [MaxPlayers]!!!!!!111111111

lolz, good job though.

This ought to do it:

PHP код:
    public OnPlayerConnect(playerid)
    {

BanEx(playerid"Get Lost");
        return 
1;
    } 
Hard work, original ideas and good scripting & mapping will make your server succesfull.

You say you will edit for 3 months? Why not script for 3 months from scratch? Also to make it easier get with a friend or two and learn together and then make a awesome unique script at the moment I am making a rp script from scratch, trust me every time you make something its a 100 times better feeling then editing some GF mode... When you make your own you are free to do what you want without 1000 errors coming up and you having no idea what to do, since you didn't create the gamemode, so I recommend not wasting your time and editing but instead spend some time on making a script from scratch.

TIP: Don't even try to succeed with a RP server, good luck though!