PC Freezes

Well here is the problem, my PC instantly freezes! Completely! The red button from the computer isn't even blipping which makes it clear that the PC froze! It's NOT my Windows, as i re-installed it and right when it was installing it blocked.

I took my BIOS battery out, my rams, videocard, hards, hardwares and let it cool so it might catch a breath of life.
It worked! But for one week -_-'.

It keeps freezing on and on and on, without a stop, i power up the computer, after some minutes it freezes, actually it freezes randomly, yesterday it didn't froze at all, today it froze for about 10 times. Tomorrow will be the same as yesterday!

Any opinions what this might be?
Over heated Video Card?(I don't have a cooler on it)
Too old computer?(7 years, this is the only one i have for the moment!)

Have you tried booting it with certain components out? to isolate the issue?

What does it freeze on?

If you know your Motherboard had a on-board graphics card, take out your current Graphics card and try again. If not then try removing one piece of RAM at a time and see if it's an issue with one, however i highly doubt this would cause it as usually it wouldn't boot at all.

Do this for other components. Also, if so try another HDD and test with all components in.

That's a pretty old computer. Consider upgrading. Also, it might be overheating. It used to happen on my PC when i played games like Crysis, after that I bought a good cooling system and it the freezes stopped.

Btw: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=128437

Quote:
Originally Posted by [L3th4l]
Посмотреть сообщение
That's a pretty old computer. Consider upgrading. Also, it might be overheating. It used to happen on my PC when i played games like Crysis, after that I bought a good cooling system and it the freezes stopped.

Btw: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=128437
I know it's old, I should've mentioned it above that i don't need these kind of posts like upgrade.
I honestly don't have the money to buy a new one, and if i want to buy a new one, it better be ten times better than this!

I switched computers with a neighbor, mine(his) works great with my components, his(mine) freezes now

btw, i don't post there coz it's a sticky thread, most of them don't even notice it!

It is 99% your ram for sure,
how many ram slots and how many memory "things" (god i hate english...) do you have ?
try putting them in another slot, and else try removing one of them.

If you are getting "weird" screens, artifects or "stripes" over your screen, then you might need to take a look at the videocard.

Anyway can you download HWMonitor from www.cpuid.com and give us a screenshot of your temperatures ?

It's RAM....buy new it's not expensive

I had the same problem until I let a side uncovered so it cools faster (heat problem)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyper
Посмотреть сообщение
I had the same problem until I let a side uncovered so it cools faster (heat problem)
I removed every single exterior removable part!!

So then, It's a RAM problem, might try it! Will tell my friend to do what you said, gamer.

I have 3 RAM slots and only 2 where occupied by a 1GB RAM and a 256 MB RAM.
I had a third one occupied aswell but i removed it, and it actually didn't do any freeezes after! for a week...

Graphics card..

Try updating your drives... I say it's probably your GPU though.