Why do a lot of people/servers use GF Edits?

I know that on this forum there are many people that like to use GF edit scripts and enjoy servers that use them. We also have many people who think the opposite and can't understand why people do not just script their own GM!

My personal opinion is that I think GF edits are fun but I don't understand why people try to do a "massive" GF edit seeing as you would be better of makin a fresh GM that will be unique and a new "feel" to it.

The reason I have put this thread in scripting discussion is because I want to hear from scripters, not players, why those choose to use GF or why you think other people may choose to use GF for their servers.

Usually it is because they are lazy, or not sure how to actually make the necessary systems. Of course, if they really don't know how to script something they should find out; rather then just editing an already made system.

Because it's a good released RP! And it's not good for the modern standards back in 2008 we used bad methods such as strtok and Dini that are used in GF but still make the work, and newbies are not aware of that!

If you ever, EVER release a good roleplay script expect to have newbies and welcomers to ask you stupid questions, how to remove / add / change something or even HOW TO COMPILE! I saw it myself.

Anyways, people are lazy to make their owns systems! Why are they pestered to script a housing, saving, vehicle, business script from zero rather it's already done in the well known GodFather?

I have had a few issues with GF, mainly:

1) Each GF edit I, personally have played n have all been very similar. The Gameplay usually is so similar that its kinda boring because each server has no difference

2) Old methods, like you say are terrible. I love helping people but its annoying when they are using Strtok for the cmd processor, dini for saving accounts etc. The biggest problem is that by using these old methods, it is keeping them alive and people are practising using them. They need to make scripts with better methods of scripting and maybe mysql so they are learning the new features of Pawn and databasing. Not to mention these methods are slow and ineffective in comparison to our standards now.

3) New servers are taking GF, making a few minor adjustments and then advertising the server as a "unique script". This makes it hard for people who are making actual Unique scripts (GF edits + non gf edits) and trying to advertise for players.

Overall, I don't mind GF but I am just wondering why people use it. When I use to use it, it was because I didn't want to make all the housing, families, factions systems etc. But now that I am not as lazy as I use to be, I realise that its a lot more fun and not as hard as I thought to make all these systems. Also, when you create your own script you can be creative with it and do whatever you like. + It gives you the advantage to fix bugs or add features in the future because you know the script from top to bottom...