Gave me tears

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzgzim5m7oU[/ame]

Post ur comment here!
Questions:

1. Would you give the person some money before you have seen the video?
2. and after?

1. no
2. yes

People need more help and it would be very nice if you would do something like this!

I mostly tend to stay away from these kind of people, most of the are scammers...

But i just had some goosebumps. Not tears.

If you really want to help, go to Africa and give them some money? Or if you can't, donate ?

Aw, that's a great video.

I hate to post something like this here, but that was pure marketing what the lady did (lol..).

It sucks when you see people like that, most did nothing to deserve it. The best you can do is appreciate what you have. Can you see, hear, have arms and legs? Then you are fine.

Yea although its some kind of marketing. But this is reallike. Its like this on the street...

I usually give money to people who are genuinely poor, but I stay away from gypsies who come to Finland from Romania just to beg for money.
Just ship them back home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaW
Посмотреть сообщение
I usually give money to people who are genuinely poor, but I stay away from gypsies who come to Finland from Romania just to beg for money.
Just ship them back home.
I honestly agree the part with the Romanian gypsies ...It's getting frustrating seeing our fellas out there begging for money and making our country look stupid, wait let me correct myself, MAKE OUR CONTRY LOOK EVEN MORE stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaW
Посмотреть сообщение
Funny you mention that. We had just learned about the Romanian gypsies today in History class!

Anyway, you also have to look and consider the perspective that some people put themselves in that position, or like previous mentioned, are scamming you. By that, I'm talking about the people who simply neglected or dropped out of school work or did other activities that put themselves in that position. It's sad to see, but if they did it to themselves, they should live with the consequences.

However, I for one do normally give out cash to people. Not large sums of course, maybe a couple dollars, enough to get a few burgers at McDonalds for the night or so. I live by the view (can't quite remember how my father put it), "It's better to of given and be mistaken than to not of given at all [assuming they needed it]".

So to answer the original questions:
1. Yes
2. Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh3r0
Посмотреть сообщение
I honestly agree the part with the Romanian gypsies ...It's getting frustrating seeing our fellas out there begging for money and making our country look stupid, wait let me correct myself, MAKE OUR CONTRY LOOK EVEN MORE stupid!
You completly right ...they are just gypsies .
I don't know why/when/who the fuck came/came/brought them to this country
Romania is a beautifull country but these scammers are destrying it daily.
Now SaW,i agree with you on that part .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_
Посмотреть сообщение
By that, I'm talking about the people who simply neglected or dropped out of school work or did other activities that put themselves in that position. It's sad to see, but if they did it to themselves, they should live with the consequences.
You don't know the reason why people quit school or "do other activities" instead of going to school.
In many countries like US you have to pay for school. It isn't free. There are numerous reasons why people don't go to school, for example;

- Their parents can't afford to let their children go to school
- They get bullied or hit in school, and usually nothing is done about it
- They are mentally instable, maybe something did happen, or is happening in their life
- If something like this happens, a motivation to get an education doesn't exist
- You might be from another country, fleeing from a war, no money enough to go to school

It is really, really hard to catch up / restart school after a few years of living like this.
Only thing you see is a big pile of schoolwork infront of you, while all of your friends are almost done,
still being happy and full of motivation, and already know what they would like to work with when they're done.

That doesn't make it easier.
I know this from my own experience, both myself and friends.
Nothing was done to help you when you were young enough to make it easier for you,
when you weren't old enough to take your own decisions.
The society very often created these problems, but they don't want to solve them.

And when you're grownup, even in countries like Sweden (where school is free until you're 18/19), you have to pay for education.
Hopefully the society doesn't remove the welfare system completely, or i find an employer that wants to hire someone who can do the job, when it isn't written on paper that i can.

Because here, it must be written on paper (e.g college diploma), or you wont get a job.

So you are nobody to judge other peoples lifestory. There might be scammers, but don't sit there and think that about everybody out there.