serverffs on the wane?

Hello,

I'd like to talk about the serverffs' services drop (but the price doesn't fall)

I was a customer of serverffs and when I signed up, the quality was good, a good answer and after 8 hours only, and in "Why choose serverFFS" it was written "DDoS Protection".

Now the DDoS Protection is removed. The support of "answer in 8 hours" has vanished, even if it used to answer after some days... Now it's from the monday to the friday and you must be patient.

The quality of the answers are not really good... You 'd better to not have a problem otherwise you won't have any help! It's usefull only if you ask for stupid questions...

When we spend more than hundreds of Ђuros and our server is under attacked, and the server crashes and we are asking for some help. The answer is like "sorry we cannot do anything"

I'm really disappointed of those changes over the past few months, less protection against flood and of assistance. The host is good if you have'nt got ambitions... The machine is correct but that's all. I dont write this to criticize serverffs but just to say the quality is on the wane mainly about DDoS and the support/assitance, but not the price.

I know many people who think like me.

You can tell us your stories about this and make think the futur customers of serverffs.

Yeah, just leave them..
I had it also, so i left for dedicated host.
Also i learned that ServerFFS isn't the best as i thought, even opposite - the worst..

I have been a customer with them for many months and never had any real problems. Most of my tickets were answered within 4 hours. I even remember a case where I got an answer almost instantly.

I currently do not have a hosted sa-mp server, but I do have webhosting.

And it apperas that you, ekex, just registered on this forum to bitch about ServerFFS. If you want to complain, please direct your complaints to them.

Their ego has grown too much, they got loads of 12 year old "customers" which they get lots of money from. Just switch to the next provider.

ServerFFS really sucks. People have lost their money as they never refund. Also, its very costly! ServerFFS is not the same old one anymore!
Many SA:MP members have issues with ServerFFS. I'd suggest to look for a another host.

Problem at serverFFS is that they have too much customers and not enough employee's. Woet just wants all the money for himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekex
View Post
Hello,

I'd like to talk about the serverffs' services drop (but the price doesn't fall)

I was a customer of serverffs and when I signed up, the quality was good, a good answer and after 8 hours only, and in "Why choose serverFFS" it was written "DDoS Protection".

Now the DDoS Protection is removed. The support of "answer in 8 hours" has vanished, even if it used to answer after some days... Now it's from the monday to the friday and you must be patient.

The quality of the answers are not really good... You 'd better to not have a problem otherwise you won't have any help! It's usefull only if you ask for stupid questions...

When we spend more than hundreds of Ђuros and our server is under attacked, and the server crashes and we are asking for some help. The answer is like "sorry we cannot do anything"

I'm really disappointed of those changes over the past few months, less protection against flood and of assistance. The host is good if you have'nt got ambitions... The machine is correct but that's all. I dont write this to criticize serverffs but just to say the quality is on the wane mainly about DDoS and the support/assitance, but not the price.

I know many people who think like me.

You can tell us your stories about this and make think the futur customers of serverffs.
Which host has 0.25 euro/slot gameservers and a dedicated firewall capable of blocking multi-gigabit DDoS attacks? (40k+ euro per location).

I have never had any problems with them. I have been running my Servers/VPSes there for months. The support is good, The host is good. 10/10. never had any payment problem with them. All correct.

Its network congestion. So many people have ServerFFS and they've probably reached their limit and haven't improved their data center and infrastructure. That's what happens when a shitload of people subscribe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FD
View Post
Its network congestion. So many people have ServerFFS and they've probably reached their limit and haven't improved their data center and infrastructure. That's what happens when a shitload of people subscribe.
Our network is perfectly fine when people aren't attacking it with 8 gbit of DDoS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woet
View Post
Our network is perfectly fine when people aren't attacking it with 8 gbit of DDoS.
That's not an excuse. You can minimize DDoS attacks, if not halt it altogether. It's called damage control and prevention. If you cannot do it yourself, hire people who can handle network protection.

I personally think all of this fucking shit about DDoS is COMPLETE and utter NONSENSE. The main reasons that DDoS attacks happen to servers is that little kids are mad and they don't get what they want. I don't see people DDoSing Call of Duty game servers, do I?

My point is, is that this is all nonsense, and I totally disagree with this DDoS shit.

I mean, people have to PAY for DDoS protection, only because it happens so much. Thats not cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FD
View Post
That's not an excuse. You can minimize DDoS attacks, if not halt it altogether. It's called damage control and prevention. If you cannot do it yourself, hire people who can handle network protection.
Yea - companies like ******, ********, *******, VISA, PayPal and MasterCard are incapable of hiring such people.
I'll repeat: Which host has 0.25 euro/slot gameservers and a dedicated firewall capable of blocking multi-gigabit DDoS attacks?

Quote:
View Post
Yea - companies like ******, ********, *******, VISA, PayPal and MasterCard are incapable of hiring such people.
I'll repeat: Which host has 0.25 euro/slot gameservers and a dedicated firewall capable of blocking multi-gigabit DDoS attacks?
Sony fended off Anonymous using Prolexic Technologies on April 6th. I could launch a host (In-fact I'm working on one) with 0.10 cent a slot game servers (SA-MP) and the data-center deploys a firewall capable of doing just that. Not to mention the network infrastructure cannot be beaten of the DC.

No hosting companies are perfect, or at least in SA-MP. Stop moaning!

@FD: when you’ve made your “host” and you receive 8 gbit of DDoS (not that your host will even retain popular enough servers...) then you’ll have earned the right to boast and generally be quite egotistical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurman
View Post
I personally think all of this fucking shit about DDoS is COMPLETE and utter NONSENSE. The main reasons that DDoS attacks happen to servers is that little kids are mad and they don't get what they want. I don't see people DDoSing Call of Duty game servers, do I?

My point is, is that this is all nonsense, and I totally disagree with this DDoS shit.

I mean, people have to PAY for DDoS protection, only because it happens so much. Thats not cool.
I think you’ve spawned a new youth movement... Internet Hippies. Drama happens, get over it, there’s no need to write three bullshit paragraphs about how you wish things were different.

Before there was written "DDoS Protection" in "Why choose serverFFS", and why not anymore ? Do you save money on this? Before there had fewer DDoS problem. What I'm reproaching is your answer in the support, you say that you cannot do anything.. But without any information, customers and players are dissatisfied. Check your server which are under attacked at the moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekex
View Post
Before there was written "DDoS Protection" in "Why choose serverFFS", and why not anymore ? Do you save money on this? Before there had fewer DDoS problem. What I'm reproaching is your answer in the support, you say that you cannot do anything.. But without any information, customers and players are dissatisfied. Check your server which are under attacked at the moment...
I'll ask this for the third time: Which host has 0.25 euro/slot gameservers and a dedicated firewall capable of blocking multi-gigabit DDoS attacks?

Quote:
View Post
I'll ask this for the third time: Which host has 0.25 euro/slot gameservers and a dedicated firewall capable of blocking multi-gigabit DDoS attacks?
You and only you stop moaning like retarded kids now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFlawless
View Post
You and only you stop moaning like kids now.
No, serverFFS does not offer any DDoS protection. We used to do so, but did not make a profit by providing such protection.

Quote:
View Post
Please provide proof you have ever been attacked by multi-gigabit DDOS attacks and you've withstand it using such "firewalls". Because I remember frankly seeing your servers down during a DDOS. A hard-down, fully offline. Because every person on my MSN who had services from ServerFFS was bitching.