Offering to host a server for free (Yes, really)

For those who cant even read the entire first post: This offer ended in 2011, my second offer is ending right now, and incase I should ever decide to host servers again, Ill create a new thread. So theres absolutely no need to ask for a server in one of my threads.
Hi guys,
I recently rented a Unix vServer for a cheap price. I did not really needed it, but the price and my interest made me renting it. So the main thing I use it for is experimenting and testing.
This means, i probably wont need all the resources is offers, but I dont want to waste them. So I decided to offer to host a samp server on it.
The server is paid for 3 months, and I probably wont extend the contract, because it would be a lot more expensive after that time, so the effective time i could host it would be 8-10 weeks. I wont give any guarantee for anything, neither a stable uptime, nor the time for which I host your server, nor good support, as it all depends on the free time i got. This means I am not responsible for anything that happens on or with your server. So do not complain, I am the one who pays and offers it

However, I am not giving it away to the first person. I have some requirements, too:
  • Mental age 16+: I am just not interested in playing the nanny.
  • Good english: I am also not interested in decrypting everything you say.
  • You know what you are doing: No newbs. I will care for the vServer part, but I dont want to have to explain you everything about samp, scripting or hosting.
  • Trust me, and I will trust you: Only contact me if you are willed to absolutely trust me. I might also ask for the sourcecode of your gamemode to see if it is optimized. If you think I might want to steal your gamemode, dont spam and just do not contact me.
  • Europeans preferred: Just because of the online times.
  • Ability of good collaboration: See point 1,2
  • No illegal content: Self-evident. I will probably ask for the gamemode or plugin source to check this.
  • No RP servers: RP servers require a stable uptime, and I cant guarantee for this. You should be able to take some crashes or data loss, if I eventually made something wrong. I will prefer well-made scripts, edits and noob scripts are lame.
For that you will get everything a normal server needs:
  • MySQL, access via phpMyAdmin
  • Full and direct access to the samp-server via FTP (333 MB free storage)
  • A basic control panel on mauzen.net to control your server (tiny pages, so you can control your server e.g. with your mobile phone easily)
  • A name.mauzen.net subdomain for a webpage if wanted (including additional webspace)
  • More stuff in progress
We could also talk about special things like small teamspeak servers.

So, thats it so far. Again, if you do not trust me, just keep your mouth shut and do not spam this topic. I am the one who offers a free host, so you are NOT the one to claim anything. All I can say is that I am not interested in stealing any gamemode or doing other shit. I am just too old for such kiddings.

If you are interested, post in the forum mention later if possible, else post here or PM me and add some info about you and the gamemode you want to host. (at least one contact via the forum, I want to see who you are )
Im looking forward for a nice cooperation!

Edit: This is the rudimentary homepage running on the server (for some additional infos): www.mauzen.net or visit the new forum: http://forum.mauzen.net (it isnt forbidden to post that here i guess?)

Edit 2: Next server-giveaway increase: 5x 20-slot servers total.

Edit 3: As if 5 servers werent enough, im now offering 10 servers at all. But I wont increase it further until i have the test data of the server's performance, to ensure stability.

Currently reserved servers: 10/10

EDIT: My hosting offer is over, please do not send me applications anymore. I might repeat this in some time, and will announce it somehow if i do, but do not rely on this too much.

I could be interested, but in my case it's about hosting a Minecraft server, so that'll be a 'no' hehe.

Oh by the way, how about adding that you're not responsible for what happens on and around the server?

cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddos
Посмотреть сообщение
I could be interested, but in my case it's about hosting a Minecraft server, so that'll be a 'no' hehe.

Oh by the way, how about adding that you're not responsible for what happens on and around the server?
Havent thought about a minecraft server, but it would eat a bit too much resources I think.

The responsibility thing sounds like a good idea, ill add that, thanks.

Minecraft would kill your RAM.

Isn't minecraft a low graphics game?

Yes, but that doesn't mean that it won't affect the systems' RAM. It clearly retains memory leaks and was poorly coded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calg00ne
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, but that doesn't mean that it won't affect the systems' RAM. It clearly retains memory leaks and was poorly coded.
Strange how a low graphics game can cause so much damage...So after all the coding is everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh3r0
Посмотреть сообщение
Isn't minecraft a low graphics game?
Worlds in Beta 1.3 are endless, and the way they save EACH block is horrible. Fire also causes lag.

Bumpybump

The first server is already given away, but as it wont need many resources I decided to offer another one. Feel free to ask guys.