How to create a radiostation?

Dear readers, I was wondering how to create a radio station for my gaming community. I want to create one but just not sure on how to do this.

TIPS: I want to use Sam Broadcaster 4 if possiable.

If you could write a tutorial or give me a link on how to make this, it would be greatful.

P.S: Could it be possible to make it like this http://fragradio.co.uk/ and then click Listen now

Hope you can help

Nathan

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWJ5e1rk0pY[/ame]

But will this be the same as the link i gave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerNathan
Посмотреть сообщение
But will this be the same as the link i gave?
My video just show you how to get it online.

I'm looking for the same, any tutorials out there than can help me and JokerNathan out ?

Unless you are going to be talking constantly, if you are going to be playing music you need a licence.

Cheapest I have seen is Ј200 a year.

Download a shoutcast server (Or get a free host) and in SAM go to Desktop B and click on the + in encorders there can you setup the host,password,radio name etc.. (Add the server in Statistic Relays to) Then just hit the play button and you should be ready to broadcast Make sure that it gets the music from your soundcard. (You can check it with the blue and red buttons in Encorders)

Haha i have HAD a online radiostation ! Sam BroadCoaster is the perfect software for getting a 'radio'station !
Just search on *******, i did that too

You need a license to play music or you will get a $10k fine. (American music and broadcast to americans)

UK too i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurik
Посмотреть сообщение
You need a license to play music or you will get a $10k fine. (American music and broadcast to americans)

UK too i think.
They charge you for each song Plus a Ј5000 fine from Offcom (PPL).

Radio Station... I don't see why you want to start one?
If you wanna something like http://fragradio.co.uk/
learn PHP, HTML, CSS and your good to go ;')

www.s4nr.com they use sam broadcaster... but i dont think they have a license...

If your Radio Station is only going to be for your gaming clan and you're not going to use it for financial gain or have it some big time thing like the professional Radio Stations then Ofcom (for the UK) and any other countries regulators wouldn't even bat an eyelid at you.

The amount it would cost them to gather evidence, take you to court, it just wouldn't be worth it for a gaming clan. Licenses aren't needed for them types of things. My Cousin is a Producer for one of the local FM Stations around here and he was the one that told me that when I had a station running for myself.

Same goes for SA-MP Radio, I honestly had no idea why they supposedly forked out for world-wide broadcasting licenses when for one they was only internet broadcasted and for two they aren't any massive station that brings in tens of thousands of pounds in each month... it was a waste of their money (and your donations) if you ask me...that's even if they even had licenses, as they didn't have there numbers displayed anywhere on their website (or any legal information)..

So yeah, you wouldn't need a license and it technically isn't illegal not needing one.

A shoutcast radio is better, there are a lot of host that provides it.