S.c.r.i.p.t.

Hi all!

I have to understand something... Well, I am not new in scripting, but I must say I'm not old in this business. I learned from great scripters like Ethan (owner of server in my sig.) and Y Less. Well, I have to understand what advanced scripting stands for, and what should I learn next! I've saw many of you spending most of the time with MySQL or w/e. But what should I do. And why? I mean, there's an objective for everything. My objective is to create a RP server. I am running out of ideas, because I don't know what to script. Sometimes I think of some cmds like /fly or Jobs. When I think again... I can't do them! Where did you guys learned advanced scripting?! Who teaches you? There's NO video on ******* or w/e that can teach you how to do all this! PLEASE don't tell me the same answer :@ wiki.sa-mp.com :@
Well... I should learn, but how can I learn without a teacher, or some tutorial or w/e :@

pawn Код:
{
// other random cmds
    dcmd(pay, 3, cmdtext);
    dcmd(kill, 4, cmdtext);
// admin cmds---------------------------
    dcmd(sendtopd, 8, cmdtext);
    dcmd(sendtogym, 9, cmdtext);
    dcmd(sendtoadmh, 10, cmdtext);
    dcmd(sethealth, 9, cmdtext);
    dcmd(setarmour, 9, cmdtext);
    dcmd(enteradmh, 9, cmdtext);
    dcmd(setskin, 7, cmdtext);
    dcmd(guns, 4, cmdtext);
    dcmd(setmoney, 8, cmdtext);
// text--------------------------------
    dcmd(me, 2, cmdtext);
    dcmd(do, 2, cmdtext);
// player connect----------------------
    dcmd(register, 8, cmdtext);
    dcmd(login, 5, cmdtext);
 // jobs (later)-------------------------------
    return 1;
}
That's all I have done until now... :P
^_^

Learn zcmd+sscanf if you already don't...
MySql i think is good too(btw i don't know)
Dialogs is the fucture off samp, mybe the function OnPlayerClickPlayer could be very usefull in the sa-mp fucture...

Stop double posting. Use search....

Quote:

Learn zcmd+sscanf if you already don't...
MySql i think is good too(btw i don't know)
Dialogs is the fucture off samp, mybe the function OnPlayerClickPlayer could be very usefull in the sa-mp fucture...

wut?!

I am not going to learn zcmd, as I am going good with dcmd and sscanf. And what's about this OnPlayerClickPlayer thing?

Well, you can`t really call it 'advance scripting'. Just because you can script a job system doesn`t mean your an 'advanced scripter'.

Anyway, about your topic... Well, from now on, you can`t really expect to find tutorials about new scripting ideas. Let`s take jobs for example. I doubt you`ll find more than 2 tutorials on this forums about any jobs. From now on, you can handle on your own. First thing, you need to think at a job. Let`s take the Farmer job. Next, you`ll have to find a location, create pickups ( if you want any ) and then, create some checkpoints. Now, at this point, if you don`t know how to do it, use search on forum about random checkpoints for example. You`ll understand how to create random checkpoints. Let`s say you created them. Now, you`ll have to think about payment idea. You want to receive money when you enter checkpoint? Or you want to get the payment at your paycheck ? Think how to implement your payment in the payday. You can create a new Player Variable or normal one, and set the payment to it. At paycheck, you can give the player the money 'stored' in the variable and set it to 0 or delete it if it`s a player variable.

Anyway, the thinking is alot easier .. then doing the script. Don`t worry if you're stuck at a point, you can always use the search button on the forum, I`m pretty sure everything has already been discussed ... and if you can`t find, don`t hesitate to create a new topic and ask for help.

If you don`t know how to start, you can always download a gamemode ( which has a job ) and see how it works.

To be honest, you won`t be able to find any tutorials (like till now, "How to make a command." ) thingy ... because from now on, you should be able to do everything as you please.

And one more thing, first off, make it a simple job. Like just drive through checkpoints and that`s all ... after that, you can always come with new ideas, edit it, experiment .. etc. Don`t forget to backup your gamemode from time to time, just in case.

So, overall ... if you consider yourself an 'apprentice', when it comes to pawno, don`t expect to find any more tutorials. You don`t need anyone to really 'teach' you ... more like, 'guide' you and help you when you're stuck or have problems.

ps: OnPlayerClickPlayer, is used when you press TAB and double click on a player. Basically, it can be very usefull for admins. You can make some pretty nice things using that function, like: ban, kick, mute, freeze, slap, etc etc and not only admin commands.

Quote:

Stop double posting. Use search....

Again the same answer... that's why I am hopeless :/

You need to have full understanding about what scripting is. Not just how to do that and how to do that, but scripting in general: variables, loops, functions etc.

You can get all the theory from https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Scripting_Basics
After reading that, try to use the things you learned in scripts.

Okay, I can understand you but there's a problem...

It's not all about jobs. I want just to know where to start off. It's very difficult for me to concentrate because I am playing right now in a RP server, and this server is FULL of new things and of cmds, jobs, businesses and etc... When I see all of them I can't think clearly with what should I begin to script. And yes, I don't want to copy other's GMs...

Scripting is simple to learn for most, but in your case, Concentration is the key, Try to block out what you see on servers, Make a simple freeroam script, Using all the functions in the Wiki, It doesnt turn out to be a bad buildup once you got things, and as you make them, and get them right, you will get exited and concentrate more on that!