How to make more people enter my server?

I need suggestions, and please good ones, but any suggestion is welcome

I got a dedicated server, which i wont say the name if no one asks because this is no server ad section, but i need ideas of how to make more people enter it

here is a list of what my server has:
- Dedicated host
- Bug fixes, updates and new things every day
- Its an RP server
- No DMers
- Nice admin team

thanks to anyone that can help me

Get hosted tab, and make nice advertisement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arewGaming::.
Посмотреть сообщение
It's really simple! Just go to http://www.public-rp.com/topsamp - Post an advertisement there by clicking the "Join" link at the top. It should get you a ton of players!
Nobody is using that site, so how will it work than ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arewGaming::.
Посмотреть сообщение
It's really simple! Just go to http://www.public-rp.com/topsamp - Post an advertisement there by clicking the "Join" link at the top. It should get you a ton of players!
Dont use these sites LOL they suck 24/7 hahah :P just stay unique and dont ditch your players saying you will give something and then not giving it

I've just taken a look at your Server Advertisement:

Quote:

Vinewood roleplay, SA:MP server with dedicated host, has come to stay!

Server IP: <Omitted>
Forums: <Omitted>

Enter now for 250k!
Looking for faction leaders

Straight off I'll explain a few problems with your advertisement. First of all, it lacks formatting, it doesn't look nice, use colors, images and so on! Another problem is that you haven't actually provided much information at all in the advertisment, what you want to provide are reasons why people should come to your server and not someone else's server. What are you providing that other servers don't provide, what's unique about you?

With that said, giving people 250k is not very professional, you want everyone to start out low and start out the same, if you give everything to them at the start, there's nothing for them to work at. They could easily download a roleplay script from these forums, make themselves admin and give themselves a few billion in-game dollars, so what's so special about you giving them money?

Another problem is that you're using a free domain and free website hosting, which people just dislike in general. It shows a lack of professionality, and it makes the people feel less secure about the server they are playing on!

So think about what I've said, now I'm not saying I'm right and the all godly knowing, but I can say that I've seen hundreds of servers over the years in the same situation, I've seen which servers succeeded and why/how they succeeded, and the stuff I've mentioned are just a small pre-portion of what you need to make a big, successful server.

I hope that helps you, and good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTochNietDan
Посмотреть сообщение
I've just taken a look at your Server Advertisement:

Straight off I'll explain a few problems with your advertisement. First of all, it lacks formatting, it doesn't look nice, use colors, images and so on! Another problem is that you haven't actually provided much information at all in the advertisment, what you want to provide are reasons why people should come to your server and not someone else's server. What are you providing that other servers don't provide, what's unique about you?

With that said, giving people 250k is not very professional, you want everyone to start out low and start out the same, if you give everything to them at the start, there's nothing for them to work at. They could easily download a roleplay script from these forums, make themselves admin and give themselves a few billion in-game dollars, so what's so special about you giving them money?

Another problem is that you're using a free domain and free website hosting, which people just dislike in general. It shows a lack of professionality, and it makes the people feel less secure about the server they are playing on!

So think about what I've said, now I'm not saying I'm right and the all godly knowing, but I can say that I've seen hundreds of servers over the years in the same situation, I've seen which servers succeeded and why/how they succeeded, and the stuff I've mentioned are just a small pre-portion of what you need to make a big, successful server.

I hope that helps you, and good luck
So that's the secret of WOS(Your Ex Server) success ?

Well you have to wait sometimes it takes time. If you want to have good players you need mature team thats the most important

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFlawless
Посмотреть сообщение
So that's the secret of WOS(Your Ex Server) success ?
Heh, maybe it is. Like I said, there's tons of reasons why servers succeed and don't succeed, and they aren't really secrets, most of them are common sense. Anyone can make a server than will succeed, you just have to actually do it right before people will bother playing on it. If you're not going to go 100% with your server, then it's not going to be that successful. Maybe some day I will explain what I've learned from the years of watching servers fail and succeed, but really, most of it is common knowledge. There are some things that come with experience.