Screen resolution

Well, I'm struggling with my PC monitor or my screen resolution. It started since yesterday, I basically turned my pc on and the resolution was fucked, like massive and couldn't fit my screen. Tried to change it and some of the resolutions make my monitor blank and an error message saying " No input signal ". That only comes when my port is not connected so I disconnected the cables of the whole computer and put it back, still was the same . I try updating my drivers but they're already up to date. I re-installed them but it's still the same. I'm on ATI Raedon (Catalyst).
I tried going into Catalyst Control Panel and attempted to change the resolution from there because they provide more resolutions than the normal windows one..Normally it'll show you (Recommended) on the windows screen resolution but this time it didn't. When I click the one I always use, I see many lines going across the screen like the pixels are dead. I tried everything I could but nothings working. Not sure what happened. I literally tried using my pc without the graphics card and it still wont work. I'm using a PC with a big resolution and it blurs text and some videos don't work, my games don't work. I need some help! I'm on a 22" DGM monitor, windows 7..This computer was given to me on my birthday which was recently, but from then everything was fine..

Please only post here if you going to help me out.

The resolution being too large for your screen is usually the drivers not being installed (which they are, that means they could be corrupt).

And receiving lines and dead pixels could be a corrupt gfx card or an monitor unable to be indentified by the PC so that you can not choose the resolution.
One thing you can try is to make a custom resolution (****** it for ATi, I only know how to do it on a nVidia card)

Also, have you tried with a different gfx card and/or monitor?

Could also try the Windows 7 feature which picks out the best resolution for your screen normally did the best for me. When I had an 19" CRT and upgraded to a 21" Widescreen LCD both times the best resolution was awesome.

I'll try both things. Thanks to the both of you...I'll reply back when I've sorted this out

You should try re-downloading CCC (Catalyst Control Center) which is what you need to install the driver.
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...n_win7-32.aspx