Is SA-MP...all PVP?

OK, I'm gonna try to make this quick and simple to understand.

What I've been looking for for a long time is a mod that allows you to play through the main game of San Andreas with a friend or 2. I thought that this might be my dream come true, but then I did more research on SA-MP.

I ask this.

Are there any SA-MP servers that aren't basically the same idea as GTAIV's online mode, where it's PVP-only?(Team PVP is still PVP regardless. And playing against bots that can also be played by humans is close enough to me.) I can see myself enjoying this game for a while if it is PVP-only regardless, but I'd really like to know for sure.

If there's no storyline mode at all, are there any mods(That aren't uber laggy) for San Andreas that will give me what I desire?

Thank you for your time.

I know this isn't really answering you post but

Quote:

Are there any SA-MP servers that aren't basically the same idea as GTAIV's online mode

SA-MP was here a long time before GTA IV.

As far as I know there isn't anything of the sort although I have thought of several ideas but haven't really took them further due to the limitations of sa-mp.

I never claimed that GTA IV did it first. I asked if it's basically the same as GTAIV online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vital2k
Посмотреть сообщение
I know this isn't really answering you post but

SA-MP was here a long time before GTA IV.

As far as I know there isn't anything of the sort although I have thought of several ideas but haven't really took them further due to the limitations of sa-mp.

Yeah I read it wrong, thought you same use the same idea, my bad. But like I said, I haven't came across one I think the limitations of bots has stopped it happening.

SA-MP currently counts 4508 servers online.
When you don't look at the failing gamemodes, you'll see that SA-MP offers lot's and lot's of various modes to play.
Here are some basic gamemodes used in most servers:

Freeroam: Kill who you'd like, drive where you'd like, do what you'd like (unless it's against the Server's rules). Basicly, it's all up to you what you do there.

Objectives: Servers where you have to accomplish something, mostly within a set period of time. Examplesare Capture-the-flag-like gamemodes.

(Team) Deathmatches: All out brawl, kill the others. (Hardly any server is deathmatch only, but includes it in their server. Objective & Deathmatch / Freeroam & Deathmatch go very well together)

Roleplay: Simulate real life. (I, myself, fail to see the point of these servers, as I try to get away from real life when I play SA-MP. But hey, they're popular...)

I hope you have fun playing SA-MP.

~Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Посмотреть сообщение
Roleplay: Simulate real life. (I, myself, fail to see the point of these servers, as I try to get away from real life when I play SA-MP. But hey, they're popular...)
Totally agreed. I dont like role play servers... theres way too many of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsoft
Посмотреть сообщение
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Посмотреть сообщение
SA-MP currently counts 4508 servers online.
When you don't look at the failing gamemodes, you'll see that SA-MP offers lot's and lot's of various modes to play.
Here are some basic gamemodes used in most servers:

Freeroam: Kill who you'd like, drive where you'd like, do what you'd like (unless it's against the Server's rules). Basicly, it's all up to you what you do there.

Objectives: Servers where you have to accomplish something, mostly within a set period of time. Examplesare Capture-the-flag-like gamemodes.

(Team) Deathmatches: All out brawl, kill the others. (Hardly any server is deathmatch only, but includes it in their server. Objective & Deathmatch / Freeroam & Deathmatch go very well together)

I hope you have fun playing SA-MP.

~Infinity
Two very narrow-minded people.

The point in SA-MP RP servers is not to play out your real life, it's to play out the life of whatever you want, you can be an accountant (if you're really that sad...) or play out as a cop. You probably play realistic deathmatching games - a primary feature in modern games is to implement realistic features and generally have realistic storylines. There are various different types of characters you can play as, which is what makes the RP SA-MP mode interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsoft
Посмотреть сообщение
Exactly right. Too many n00b RP servers. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0r1000
Посмотреть сообщение
Exactly right. Too many n00b RP servers. :/
Yup...sadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven82
Посмотреть сообщение
Yup...sadly
>implying the community you're advertising (in your signature) isn't ran by noobs