SA:MP is indie, but are we niche?

I thought this would be an interesting discussion to make. I've been playing SA:MP since 2006 or 2007 give or take and when I started playing I think the player base was pretty much the same as it is years on now (6000 - 15k players). We see indie games such as Minecraft take off to be huge but it doesn't seem that this has occurred with SA:MP. Now, I tried to find reasons as to maybe why SA:MP hasn't attained more popularity. What are you thoughts?

Oh and what I mean by niche is, do you think we're a small community of people who enjoy this (SA:MP roleplay etc) instead of SA:MP being more of a broad game that anyone can jump into and enjoy?

Another thing, do you like this small community we have going on, or would you prefer it if we were a little more mainstream so to speak.

You bring up a good point, i think it is because we are not official, and not as many ppl as we would want, know about samp existence. Kye and his beta team have created this on their own, and having a 20000+ player base everyday i think is a huge achievement. If Rockstar was to recognize sa-mp as official Multiplayer and would work on it as well, we would have much more people.

(I might be wrong about everything i say in here haha, but this is my prospective on things.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketeer
Посмотреть сообщение
You bring up a good point, i think it is because we are not official, and not as many ppl as we would want, know about samp existence. Kye and his beta team have created this on their own, and having a 20000+ player base everyday i think is a huge achievement. If Rockstar was to recognize sa-mp as official Multiplayer and would work on it as well, we would have much more people.

(I might be wrong about everything i say in here haha, but this is my prospective on things.)
Yeah I really respect what Kye has done.

Another thing that is interesting is that even though GTA San Andreas has blown over a bit these days, SA:MP is still attaining new players on a regular basis.

You should post this on "Everything and Nothing" section i guess.
I don't know why sa:mp is not that populated,it has several types of servers/almost fully editable(scriptable) and more but noone can see all these stuff because they are too lazy to install the "Client".
Kye really putted some effort on making this so i guess that everyone should give it a try xD
That's my opinion..anyway,this is a good topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizzoTrick
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't know why sa:mp is not that populated,it has several types of servers/almost fully editable(scriptable) and more but noone can see all these stuff because they are too lazy to install the "Client".
Kye really putted some effort on making this so i guess that everyone should give it a try xD
That's my opinion..anyway,this is a good topic
I just thought it would be appropriate to post it in this section seeming as it's subtitled as the "General SA:MP discussion" and this is a SA:MP related topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizzoTrick
Посмотреть сообщение
Why? The General board is for general discussion about SA:MP. This topic is about SA:MP so it belongs here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzzr
Посмотреть сообщение
Why? The General board is for general discussion about SA:MP. This topic is about SA:MP so it belongs here.
Im confused because i posted something like this 2 months ago and it got deleted.I thought i made a mistake so i have posted it again but it got deleted again.

Im not telling you to move it but im just warning you .

I do agree,

....BUT.....

SAMP doesn't need anymore servers. A quarter of SAMP are noobs anyway. And almost EVERYONE in SAMP has their OWN server, even though it has 1/2 players. This may bring huge profits to hosts like ServerFFS, DeluxHost etcetera, but the thing is, the more servers the more money for hosts (...) and the more noobs we get in SAMP.

But I still do agree, if we got 50 players in every server, and 1000 in servers like NGRP, and less noobs, we'd be in great business. But is that ever going to happen? Even in a million years? I don't think so.

Agree: 56%
Disagree: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurman
Посмотреть сообщение
I do agree,

....BUT.....

SAMP doesn't need anymore servers. A quarter of SAMP are noobs anyway. And almost EVERYONE in SAMP has their OWN server, even though it has 1/2 players. This may bring huge profits to hosts like ServerFFS, DeluxHost etcetera, but the thing is, the more servers the more money for hosts (...) and the more noobs we get in SAMP.

But I still do agree, if we got 50 players in every server, and 1000 in servers like NGRP, and less noobs, we'd be in great business. But is that ever going to happen? Even in a million years? I don't think so.

Agree: 56%
Disagree: 43%
Fair comment although I do think you have a very naive attitude about the whole situation. So what you're saying is that you're unhappy that server hosting companies make profits for renting servers out and that there's to many "noobs" and servers? By the way, the topic isn't a disagree or agree thing it's just asking for your opinion, there's no right or wrong in this mate.

Just to define a "noob" for you. These are new players, not retarded people. They are what you and I were both when we first started playing SA:MP. Newbie means "new" and you have to be patient with them. We welcome new players into this though. Theres a cliche which is true that is you can never be too serious, it's only a game.