[Include] SmartFilter - Easy multi-user selection for your commands! [1.0.0|25/02/11]

SmartFilter
Add multi-user selection to your commands!
What is it?
SmartFilter adds the ability to select multiple users with one parameter, using a special SmartFilter format to filter through players, producing a list of players resulting from the given filter set.
You can use this to perform a command/action on multiple players from a given criteria, saving time from repeating commands and simplifying tasks such as messaging.

How do I integrate it?
Copy the "smartfilter.inc" file into your include folder, it'll probably follow the same directory structure in the download.
Include the file (with "#include <smartfilter>") into scripts you would like to use the SmartFilter system in.

Where you want to integrate SmartFilter processing, create the following variables, and call the function as follows:
pawn Код:
new output_type,output_value,output_array[MAX_PLAYERS]; // Variables for SmartFilter output
sf_filter(input,output_type,output_array,output_value); // Call filter function
(above: where "input" is the string (array) containing the parameter)
The filter function sf_filter will return the following values into the respective variables:
  • output_type: 0 = no players matched. 1 = players matched, check output_value and output_array. 2 = error in filter.
  • output_array: array from 0 to MAX_PLAYERS. array entry (player ID) is 1 if all filters matched on that player, 0 if not.
  • output_value: -1 if no players matched, otherwise the number of players matched.

How do I use it?
The following describes the SmartFilter filter syntax.
All filters are enclosed within < and > brackets.
Different set criteria are separated by "/" (forward slash).
Sets are specified in the format "type;value", where "type" is a one-letter code, and value is the criteria for that type. (see below)
Types and values
Type 'u' = Username: Search for a username. Use the wildcard '*' anywhere to specify a partial name.
Type 'p' = Player ID: Search for a player ID.
Type 's' = Score: Search based on a player's score.
For types 'p' and 's' (player ID and score), value must be numeric, with the following formats:
+value = greater than or equal to value
-value = less than or equal to value
value,value2 = between value and value2
Confused? You'll get used to it. Here are a few examples:
Код:
  <u;[lol]*>  =  Selects players with a username beginning with "[lol]".
  <p;+50/s;-100>  =  Selects players with a player ID above 50 and a score below 100.
  <u;lol*cake/s;10,50/p;-100>  =  Selects players with a username starting with "lol" and ending with "cake", a score between 10 and 50, and a player ID below 100.
How is this useful?
Personally I just think it makes it easier for players.
There are some things which, without selecting multiple players, you'd have to repeat manually.
What if you want to give $5000 to each of your clan mates, for example, with 10 of them online? What's easier; repeating a 'give cash' command 10 times, or specifying a filter matching your clan tag?

Yes, it's one more thing to learn, but if you find a way to explain this better than I can, I'm sure you won't have any problems.

What am I allowed to do with it?
SmartFilter is licensed under the GNU General Public License. Please see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html.

Where can I download it?
Right here - this also includes the source.
http://code.******.com/p/sa-mpsmartf...1.0.0-full.zip (1.0.0 @ 25/02/11)
Please abide by the terms of the license!

Other Notes
If you'd like to implement this on your server, you can (and please do!) copy any part of my wonderfully-written (heh) documentation to help explain the system to players.
Also, please provide feedback; this system has only been tested on a dummy playerlist, real-player testing would be great. While any major bugs should have been obvious, you can't be too careful. :P

Example Implementation
pawn Код:
COMMAND:givemoney(playerid, params[]) {
    if(IsPlayerAdmin(playerid)) {
        new
            filter[128],
            amount;
        if(!sscanf(params,"si",filter,amount)) {
            new
              message[40];
            format(message, sizeof(message), "You got $%d from admin!", amount);
            new output_type,output_value,output_array[MAX_PLAYERS];
            sf_filter(filter,output_type,output_array,output_value);
            if(output_type == 0) SendClientMessage(playerid,0xFF0000FF,"SmartFilter didn't match any players"); // No players matched
            else if(output_type == 1) {
                // Valid filter
                // Loop through the players and check the result array, apply the action on them if included
                for(new i=0;i<MAX_PLAYERS;i++) {
                    if(output_array[i]) {
                        GivePlayerMoney(i,amount);
                        SendClientMessage(i,0x00FF00FF,message);
                    }
                }
            }
            else if(output_type == 2) {
                // Invalid filter
                // My method here is unadvisable - generally, you would check 'filter' as usual if it matches any user
                //   - Either by ID or player name, whichever you usually use.
                new tmp = strval(filter);
                if(IsPlayerConnected(tmp)) {
                    GivePlayerMoney(tmp,amount);
                    SendClientMessage(tmp,0x00FF00FF,message);
                }
                else {
                    SendClientMessage(playerid,0xFF0000FF,"Invalid player specified");
                }
            }
        }
        else SendClientMessage(playerid,0xFFFFFFFF,"Usage: /givemoney <player(s)> <amount>");
    }
    else SendClientMessage(playerid,0xFF0000FF,"Only admins can use this command!");
    return 1;
}

Good job !!!

This is really really nice. Good job dude!

Seems a bit excessive, but nevertheless, it does sound useful for extremely large communities/SA-MP servers.

Nice work.

very nice!

Excellent, and very original idea.

Good job.

nice job man

Nice job.

I've added an example /givemoney command using zcmd (based on the example listed in that thread). Pay attention to the comments if you're confused about how to implement SmartFilter.

Remember, if you have any suggestions or bug reports, make sure to post them!