Is it worth making it all?

I'm currently making a server with some friends, and today we wondered ourselves, is it worth making it all?

Our server has got lots of unique features and it's been scripted all from scratch, it's not finished, though. By a success I mean many players, more than 25 players 24/7, or at least enough players to fill your slots. We're definitely going to continue, but it would be sad if our project fails after all that work put into it. This project is a mix of freeroam, deathmatch and team deathmatch with some miscellaneous roleplay features, such as bank accounts and the stupid /me command.

As many of today's most populated servers are roleplay servers, we really doubt this could be a success. What do you think?

If you get it to hosted list, your server will be popular.

oops wrong vote haha,,

wanted to vote yes sorri

LoL fail:
Код:
Yes, I would definitely play there. 0	0%
Yes, but only if it's got many players. 1 50.00%
No 1 50.00%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean
Посмотреть сообщение
not always. There are plenty of awesome uniquely scripted servers with 0-6 players or less at any time.

Dont script for success, but for fun, and you cant fail
(Scripts made because of personal fun often are the better ones anyways)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
There's your answer!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
This.

If you script for fun, continously update your script, adding new features, constantly fixing the bugs, keeping communication with the players from the forum, you will get players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean
Посмотреть сообщение
Not quite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock
Посмотреть сообщение
not always. There are plenty of awesome uniquely scripted servers with 0-6 players or less at any time.
Agreeing. If you have enough enthusiasm to script an unique gamemode then you deffinetly should have some spare time and money to get it on hosted tab and promote it in any way.