[Tutorial] what to do when using someone elses script

Hi all im here to teach/tell experienced scripters or server owners what to do before using someone elses scripts and asking the all annoying question

Quote:

HOW DO I FIX ERRORS!!!

This may not be a tutorial but it is a guide to benefit not just your self but everyone her on the forums.

Ok before you start editing someone elses script or even just use it ask yourself one question before anything else

"do I know what I'm doing?"

before you mess around with a script you should always learn the basics of scripting whether if you just want to use someone elses script or if you want to script and edit it you should learn the basics make your own basic gamemode learn how functions work what errors are for what issue wiki has everything you need to know in some cases so does ******* this forums has tutorials that are more than perfect for learning the secrets of pawn(o).

the reason for this is that scripters like me dont really want to have to tell people how to do the simplest of things. If you go through the forums there are a lot of people how get ignored for asking how to do thinks like compile or change a color of a message.

UNFINISHED TUTORIAL WILL BE FINISHED SOON SORRY FOR THE DELAY!

WHat your saying is true,but you know that this is not the correct section
and you probably now that there are lot of these posts in the forums xD...lot of them are included in the rules

how is it not in the correct position?
n no i wasn't aware that it was and this is unfinished so

People who don't understand a script made by someone else should not use it if they plan on editing it, endof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddos
View Post
People who don't understand a script made by someone else should not use it if they plan on editing it, endof.
Agreed.

i always try to script it myself first then i go search for it then i learn from that

although this is true there are still a lot of people out there who just edit the scripts in fact i would say most people on this forums do just edit other peoples scripts godfather is one example how many different edits are there?
my point is that people like us do get sick of some of the stupid questions that come our way when we release scripts sure at first we dont mind but we later down the track get fed up and never reply to our threads.

ill be adding more to the tut later on 2night possibly (5:50pm now) at around 10pm most likely