Anti proxy

Hi guys, we latley noticed the steady increase of players using proxys to get on our servers, is it possible to block proxys all together based on dnsbl?

Proxy's can only make on Browsers, most Program proxy's die after every 5 minutes or longer.

I think he mean VPN connections or hotspotshield or something

i think Hotspotshield

Just block the hostmasks or ISPs. PartyServer has had Hotspot Shield blocked for months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice
View Post
i think Hotspotshield
Indeed, we have problems to from that, who has the ranges? the ips dont always resolve to a host so a hostban is pretty much useless.

The only ranges that I know of for Hotspot Shield are 74.115.*.* and 199.255.*.*. I do not know if there are others. PartyServer bans Hotspot Shield by its ISP, not IP ranges.

You should be able to just ban the ISP: AnchorFree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacer
View Post
The only ranges that I know of for Hotspot Shield are 74.115.*.* and 199.255.*.*. I do not know if there are others. PartyServer bans Hotspot Shield by its ISP, not IP ranges.

There are many other VPNs around, so it wont help much, but maybe a little bit to block HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacer
View Post

I just looked up whois records for several arbitrary IPs on the 74.155.*.* range and found several different results for ownership and location, are you sure that's one of the actual ranges?

Is it possible to ban Hostnames in samp? Tell me how if you know

yeah you can use a dns plugin by incognito i have it and ive just range banned the dns so if they have anything along the lines of hotspot or anchor.com it bans them on connect https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=75605