Client Freezes

Every other time i go to launch the game to play on my server or any other hosted server for that matter, i get as far as the black SAMP multiplayer screen and it goes no further and locks up my computer. i have to do a full restart of the pc just to get it to work. is there any way i can fix this.

its doing this no matter what even if i have my server running or not.

1) SAMP 3c.
2) Windows XP, SP3.
3) Some ATI card from like 5 years ago.
3) 96.3.49.84:7777 <-my server
4) I dont see any crash report anywhere
5) GTA:SA single player works
6) Do you have any other GTA:SA mods installed? NO

Yeah I have that bug too. In earlier versions there were no freezing. And it's not because of weak computer because I have brand new and this happens. Please fix it.

If it doesn't show any error message, and single player is working fine, I can only recommend a clean reinstall of both SA-MP and GTA:SA.

Neither work. This has happened to me, i've been waiting months for help.

I am also having this problem. Win7, 32-bit, can't get past the SA-MP Multiplayer screen. Doesn't even have the loading bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTheftAudio
Посмотреть сообщение
I am also having this problem. Win7, 32-bit, can't get past the SA-MP Multiplayer screen. Doesn't even have the loading bar.
You must reinstall your sa-mp
after the installation process don't launch your game yet.
wait for a admin dialog box requesting for you to reinstall
click the first box (The upper one)

The next reinstallation after the dialog box will make your game more better to use.

I've installed and uninstalled several times, and I don't launch my game until after I've installed SA-MP, as I don't play singleplayer.

I am experiencing this once in a while. I tried to re-install SA-MP a few times. Of what I can see it is random when it happens.

Cruiser_23, can You at least give screenshots or something? Also In earlier versions like 0.3b I had no problems with SA-MP... Now it looks like You screwed it up.

I too have this problem, it occurs quite often and I too had no problems with versions prior to 0.3c.

This bug occurs randomly when joining a server from the 0.3c client.

You can't escape, alt+tab, ctrl+alt+del or press the windows key to get out of this.
Most of the time I will have to restart my computer and try again.

Note: I too have tried many clean installs.
------As it never registers as a crash, there is also no info to supply.

Ref:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZROsDUVu3Vk[/ame]

This is a hairy pain in the arse for me.

I can ALT+TAB+DEL though (vista)

To avoid having to do a full restart:

Open notepad, write some shit and dont save it.

Then when you ALT+TAB+DEL select logoff and it will halt as the notepad file is unsaved.

Will also stop your GTA game which is the problem.

Works for me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMUK
Посмотреть сообщение

Then when you ALT+TAB+DEL select logoff and it will halt as the notepad file is unsaved.

Works for me anyway.
First I restarded my com, and later I started doing as you described. Now I alt+tab+del and press the job list. But when my cursor gets on the joblist it dissapears just after. So I shake my mouse on it, and in that way locate gta sa, and close it. Atleast I avoid closing other programs (by the restart with notepad opened method) or restarting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMUK
Посмотреть сообщение

Works for me anyway.
I have found recently if I do ctrl+alt+del and the keep pressing the windows key I get a flicker of the end task button, sometimes get it then same for the end now button. lol

Does anyone know the cause of this bug? It's happened like 10 times in a row for me now. ffs.

A reply from a developer could be good.

its very annoying when debugging trough trial and error. since you constantly need to rejoin the server.

oftopic. @bmuk haah u got pwnd by a bot ^^

It's seem to be random servers, some work fine for me, others freeze at log in...then i have to restart my computer. SA-MP 0.3b never had this problem with any server. The creators of 0.3c should really fix this problem, the new client is pretty faulty and that's like putting a defective product on the market and doing nothing about it. I've seen several complaints about the freezing already and no one from SA-MP teams seems to have a solution, how do you fix this problem?

try to press the ESC key 2 times when on the loading screen that should work i rekon

Quote:
Originally Posted by riezman97
Посмотреть сообщение
try to press da ESC key 2 times when on da loading screen that should work i rekon
That does work occasionally.

And also when you start samp.exe the browser loads about half servers and then hangs up. After some time the client will load all servers.