Client Freezes

Since I'm using alot of mods and switches very often, sometimes the game will crash on startup If we forget
something while creating the mods.

Sometimes It still crashes after we have re-installed GTA:SA and SA:MP, and manually deleting any remaining files.
What you can try is to RENAME the GTA San Andreas folder, say It is C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas

Try to rename it so the folder is; C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTASA or something else you'd like.

That works 99% of the times.

Something else that worked for someone i advised when they had this problem was to;

- Turn off their computer
- Unplug the power cable (important)
- Hold the power button 10 seconds (so RAM and everything is cleared)
- And then plug it back in and try.

Because sometimes when we reinstall, manually deleting remaining files, the mods remain.
I think It has to do with files being loaded from the RAM/pagefile instead of the game directory.

This problem is difficult for us to fix because noone in the SA-MP dev/beta team has this issue. It very well could be related to some new loading screen patches added in 0.3c.

I have uploaded a version of the 0.3c client dll with the loading screen patches removed:
http://www.sa-mp.com/stuff/pre/03cCl...ingTest_t1.zip

If you want to test it: Download the above zip, go to your GTA San Andreas folder and delete the samp.dll found in there, replace the samp.dll with the one found in the zip. If you want to go back to the original 0.3c just re-install from the 0.3c installer on the download page.

If this does help solve the problem, please report it.

I have connected, using this modified samp.dll, around 5 times, without problems a single time. But I never experienced this problem in earlier SA:MP versions. I'll reply again, if I notice any problems with this samp.dll. Thanks for the version with loading patches removed, it's lovely not to get stuck while loading.

Testing also.

This dll seems to have fixed my issue, thank you for the upload Kalcor.

Ref: Screen loads with the SA-MP logo, then flashes black and once again displays the SA-MP logo. The loading bar then commences as expected.

The uploaded .dll seems to have fixed it for me aswell same as infamous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMUK
Посмотреть сообщение
The uploaded .dll seems to have fixed it for me aswell same as infamous!
Confirmed. So far I haven't experienced any problems. It's just cool not to be disturbed by a stucked loader.

I made a thread on the Xfire forums on March 16th, thinking that Xfire was the cause of the problem. Today, I edited my first post saying that "I am almost positive the problem was San Andreas Multiplayer, not Xfire" and I edited the title of my support thread to include "[RESOLVED]".

I replaced the default samp.dll file included with SA-MP 0.3c and replaced it with the one Kalcor linked to. I have so far experienced no freezes. I will definitely make another post though (or edit this one if nobody else has posted) if I start having freezing issues again.

Thanks Kalcor.