Ipv4 exhausted in a matter of weeks

Just read it on multiple news sites, this does not yet mean there are not any adresses free anymore but all the blocks have been given to providers, in other words

What is samp going to do with ipv6, its really getting scary now if i look at the ammount of applications,companys, and developers support ipv6, you can almost say shamefull since we knew this for so long already.

Old news is old.

My ISP doesn't even support ipv6 yet, so I'm more than happy to remain with ipv4 until people start upgrading, not even ******** has upgraded their platform to ipv6, nor has 60% of other applications/web applications.

FTR: ipv4 exhaustion is expected in 11 days.

now with massive new-mobile phones IPS are now being taken over in other areas too (servers, PC's, Phones, etc...)
but ipv6 wont be around for a long time just yet...

info on what is ipv4 and ...6

IPv6: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6
IPv4 address exhaustion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv4_address_exhaustion

What is IPv6?

Internet Protocol version six, or IPv6, is an Internet layer protocol developed in the 1990s (and described in RFC2460) as an alternative to IPv4. Rather than using a 32-bit system, IPv6 is based on 128-bit addresses, meaning that there are 2128 individual addresses available, which is approximately 3.4Ч1038, and exactly:

340,282,366,920,938,463,463,374,607,431,768,211,45 6

IPv6 provides enough addresses to allow the Internet to continue to expand and the industry to innovate. It is not, however, directly compatible with IPv4, meaning that a device connected via IPv4 cannot communicate directly with a device connected using IPv6.

Deploying IPv6 on a global scale is vital to the Internet industry, but it requires pro-active steps on the part of industry players: technology must be upgraded, staff trained, business plans developed. To ignore IPv6 is a risk
for long term business viability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi
Посмотреть сообщение
now with massive new-mobile phones IPS are now being taken over in other areas too (servers, PC's, Phones, etc...)

info on what is ipv4 and ...6

IPv6: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6
IPv4 address exhaustion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv4_address_exhaustion

What is IPv6?

Internet Protocol version six, or IPv6, is an Internet layer protocol developed in the 1990s (and described in RFC2460) as an alternative to IPv4. Rather than using a 32-bit system, IPv6 is based on 128-bit addresses, meaning that there are 2128 individual addresses available, which is approximately 3.4Ч1038, and exactly:

340,282,366,920,938,463,463,374,607,431,768,211,45 6

IPv6 provides enough addresses to allow the Internet to continue to expand and the industry to innovate. It is not, however, directly compatible with IPv4, meaning that a device connected via IPv4 cannot communicate directly with a device connected using IPv6.

Deploying IPv6 on a global scale is vital to the Internet industry, but it requires pro-active steps on the part of industry players: technology must be upgraded, staff trained, business plans developed. To ignore IPv6 is a risk
for long term business viability.
Yes, congratulations on copying content from Wikipedia and re-summarizing what the OP has already stated.

For people who save the IP address of players in their server, change the variable from [16] to [64].
Does SA:MP support IPv6 already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDK
Посмотреть сообщение
For people who save the IP address of players in their server, change the variable from [16] to [64].
Does SA:MP support IPv6 already?
Raknet 2 doesn't natively support IPv6, so probably not.

Most of the posts are just a confirmation of what i already stated, my question is, when is samp going to do something about it, instead of just waiting until the last moment..

You have the answer above, also don't go overhyped (Y2K again?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipy
Посмотреть сообщение
Most of the posts are just a confirmation of what i already stated, my question is, when is samp going to do something about it, instead of just waiting until the last moment..
When Raknet natively supports it, maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, congratulations on copying content from Wikipedia and re-summarizing what the OP has already stated.
Back off. He didn't take credit for the information. He clearly posted the link to the article. All he was doing was pasting the info here so that users don't have to click on link if they don't want to. People can just read his post instead. If they want more extensive information, then they can follow the link and read the rest of the article.

He didn't just rephrase OP's post either. He also answered his question with his opinion, which was exactly what was asked for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi
Посмотреть сообщение