[Tutorial] Local chat.

Remove please, alpha made better one.

first learn how to write a tutorial

That doesn't really matter. Most of people make tutorials like they want. I did it as good as I could. And people won't read all the sh** and stories that you write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangsTa[MD]
View Post
That doesn't really matter. Most of people make tutorials like they want. I did it as good as I could. And people won't read all the sh** and stories that you write.
What i write?
What are you trying to tell?

Omg this is just an copy paste "tutorial".
Explain how the ProxDetector works, and if you copied it from a script (Raven's Roleplay ) give the credits.
Also, you don't need to use ProxDetector as an callback. It's not an callback! Just use 'stock'. And explain too how the OnPlayerText works, and how you've done it. And btw, you didn't give the defines COLOR_FADE1 to COLOR_FADE5.
You did just copy it from Raven's Roleplay, without credits, and you didn't explain ANYTHING. The intention of an tutorial is, to LEARN and UNDERSTAND something... If I didn't understand this (I already do, by myself learned), I wouldn't understand how it worked now.
No respect for this sh*t. -10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwarde
View Post
Omg this is just an copy paste "tutorial".
Explain how the ProxDetector works, and if you copied it from a script (Raven's Roleplay ) give the credits.
Also, you don't need to use ProxDetector as an callback. It's not an callback! Just use 'stock'. And explain too how the OnPlayerText works, and how you've done it. And btw, you didn't give the defines COLOR_FADE1 to COLOR_FADE5.
You did just copy it from Raven's Roleplay, without credits, and you didn't explain ANYTHING. The intention of an tutorial is, to LEARN and UNDERSTAND something... If I didn't understand this (I already do, by myself learned), I wouldn't understand how it worked now.
No respect for this sh*t. -10.
absolutely

A tutorial explains things, not tells people where to post what and hope for the best. The code in a tutorial is also supposed to work when compiled, what clearly is not the case here.

pawn Code:
forward ProxDetector(Float:radi, playerid, string[],col1,col2,col3,col4,col5);
Why forward? What does forward mean?

pawn Code:
public ProxDetector(Float:radi, playerid, string[],col1,col2,col3,col4,col5)
{
    if(IsPlayerConnected(playerid))
    {
        new Float:posx, Float:posy, Float:posz;
        new Float:oldposx, Float:oldposy, Float:oldposz;
        new Float:tempposx, Float:tempposy, Float:tempposz;
        GetPlayerPos(playerid, oldposx, oldposy, oldposz);
        for(new i = 0; i < MAX_PLAYERS; i++)
        {
            if(IsPlayerConnected(i) && (GetPlayerVirtualWorld(playerid) == GetPlayerVirtualWorld(i)))
            {
                GetPlayerPos(i, posx, posy, posz);
                tempposx = (oldposx -posx);
                tempposy = (oldposy -posy);
                tempposz = (oldposz -posz);
                if (((tempposx < radi/16) && (tempposx > -radi/16)) && ((tempposy < radi/16) && (tempposy > -radi/16)) && ((tempposz < radi/16) && (tempposz > -radi/16)))
                {
                    SendClientMessage(i, col1, string);
                }
                else if (((tempposx < radi/8) && (tempposx > -radi/8)) && ((tempposy < radi/8) && (tempposy > -radi/8)) && ((tempposz < radi/8) && (tempposz > -radi/8)))
                {
                    SendClientMessage(i, col2, string);
                }
                else if (((tempposx < radi/4) && (tempposx > -radi/4)) && ((tempposy < radi/4) && (tempposy > -radi/4)) && ((tempposz < radi/4) && (tempposz > -radi/4)))
                {
                    SendClientMessage(i, col3, string);
                }
                else if (((tempposx < radi/2) && (tempposx > -radi/2)) && ((tempposy < radi/2) && (tempposy > -radi/2)) && ((tempposz < radi/2) && (tempposz > -radi/2)))
                {
                    SendClientMessage(i, col4, string);
                }
                else if (((tempposx < radi) && (tempposx > -radi)) && ((tempposy < radi) && (tempposy > -radi)) && ((tempposz < radi) && (tempposz > -radi)))
                {
                    SendClientMessage(i, col5, string);
                }
            }
            else
            {
                SendClientMessage(i, col1, string);
            }
        }
    }
    return 1;
}
What does this function do? How does it work? Why is it public? How does this function work?

pawn Code:
public OnPlayerText(playerid, text[])
{
    new pname[24], str[128];
    GetPlayerName(playerid, pname, 24);
    format(str, sizeof(str), "%s says: %s", pname, text);
    ProxDetector(10.0, playerid, str, COLOR_FADE1, COLOR_FADE2, COLOR_FADE3, COLOR_FADE4, COLOR_FADE5);
    return 0;
}
Why use it in this callback and not in a different callback? What are COLOR_FADE<1-5>? Why return 0?

One of the main rules in writing tutorials (And understanding other things): If you fail to explain how something works, you do not understand it.

Lol define the colors in your "tutorial" otherwise noobs will post all kinds of errors. You cant expect everyone to define all those colors

Then let them post the errors and I'll tell them how to fix.

You can avoid those messages by editing your tutorial...