To the SA-MP Management team

So first of all I found an script on ****** called 'mafia0r2.pwn' or something like that,put that script on my server and started it for my friends,from the same town etc. Now I keep get DDoSed,nerds are coming and spamming 'Your getting server blacklisted soon'.I dont know what the heck those geeks mean but you should explain me whats wrong?

EDIT// aight server is also off

Shut the fuckin advertisement up...

After that, i can start helping ya

Done

1) You are not suffering a DDoS attack
2) What does SA-MP team haves to do with this?
3) Just ban the IPs they are coming from?

Already did,well SA-MP team,those guys said something about BLACKLIST.

What about blacklisting? Why are you believing everything their spambots said anyway?

Look,DDoSing is illegal.
First:You didn't got DDoS'ed already?Then don't listen to that nerds
Second:If you got DDoS'ed just call your ISP or Police and report the DDoS'ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aser
First, a DDoS attack is a distributed denial of service attack, so you can't really perform a DDoS from a single attack point, e.g. your PC.

Regarding DoS attacks, there are a few laws on the books, but I don't think refreshing the page is going to cause any problems, even if you do it 1000/minute. According to a portion of the computer fraud and abuse act, the following is illegal:

Knowingly causing the transmission of a program, information, code, or command that causes damage or intentionally accessing a computer without authorization, and as a result of such conduct, causes damage that results in:
* Loss to one or more persons during any one-year period aggregating at least $5,000 in value.
* The modification or impairment, or potential modification or impairment, of the medical examination, diagnosis, treatment, or care of one or more individuals.
* Physical injury to any person.
* A threat to public health or safety.
* Damage affecting a government computer system

So basically you can DoS a server and not get in trouble for it unless you cause over $5,000 loss (the other stuff would be highly unlikely). The money loss in this case would be from server down time, lost sales, etc, depending on the site you attacked.

Now, as for refreshing the page as a means of performing a DoS attack - I don't think that will get you anywhere. If you want to do a DoS attack from a single entry point, you'll probably need to exceed the maximum either:
1. number of connections allowed by the service
2. the bandwidth capacity of the server/network

Since servers are usually on high bandwidth networks, with multiple peers, your home connection won't be sufficient to achieve 2. You may be able to achieve the first option by doing some script which keeps a large number of concurrent, extremely rate-limited, connections to the service you are trying to DoS.

For example, if they are using apache, and have a server limit of 256, you can write a script to open and keep 300 live connections to port 80 (wget, curl, apache benchmark, etc.) and apache won't be able to open additional connections, meaning others can't connect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizzoTrick
View Post
Look,DDoSing is illegal.
First:You didn't got DDoS'ed already?Then don't listen to that nerds
Second:If you got DDoS'ed just call your ISP or Police and report the DDoS'ers
These laws are totally different in each country, like here in The Netherlands you'll get arrested immediately if you DDoS and you report it to the police.
Which is nice because a lot of SA:MP servers are hosted in Amsterdam/Schiphol.

wtf is a distributed denial service attack anyway?

If you can take the time to post that question here, then you can take the same amount of time to ****** it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock
View Post
The kids choice of server attack methods. Basically the attacker sends a huge amount of requests to the server. The server cant handle them as fast as new requests arrive, so he is blocked.
Almost every 5 years old child is able to find ddos tools somewhere, so they think they can blackmail whoever they want.
Fact is, most of them do not even test these tools and lots of them are just not working. Also ddos attacks can be prevented very easily if you limit the number of max requests per second and just block new requests from a ip after that.

Well I just want to know if my server is going to be blacklisted or not,from a main owner of SAMP if thats possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzQ
View Post
Well I just want to know if my server is going to be blacklisted or not,from a main owner of SAMP if thats possible.
Your server aint getting blacklisted, lol. Dont listen to stupid kids who wanna scare you

Okay cos the script I use is older than some Italy mafia which has edited script etc and maybe they're mad cos I have somehow their old script

Maybe they're not real. Maybe they placed NPC's and couple of SendClientMessages? Lol. Also, if they don't have a botnet to ddos you, nothing will happen to your server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock
View Post
Sending as much requests to the server, that it can't hold it and mostly it would freeze crash.