Charter or AT&T U-verse?

I've just moved 2 weeks ago, and need to move again (long story), and currently have Time Warner with Road Runner (which is shit compared to my old ISP Cox with 20mb/s download). Unfortunately Time Warner doesn't service the area where I'm going to now...

The only ISPs that service the area are Charter and AT&T U-verse, so which one is better?

I'm looking for 10-20mb/s download.

I will tell you now, do not do any business with Time Warner Cable; the company rips you off in so many ways and their support team sucks! You would be better off going with AT&T U-Verse, my aunt and uncle have it and they really enjoy it, you can do so much more with U-Verse than any of the other leading services offered by other companies.

Dude i've been in the same situation, i moved from a REALLY nice ISP (Verizon fios- 35 mb down, 30 up) and cant find any other isp that can match it. I currently use charter (i believe i have the best package available- 20mbs down, 2 up) and its really shitty man. The service is expensive (even with the bundle) and its constantly going out for me (mind you, this means EVERYTHING goes out if you bundle). The only good thing is charters technical support, and the download speed.

I've never used AT&T so im not really sure how i compares, but i'd call and ask questions about the available packages. Make sure AT&T doesnt have a contract since you move a lot, an early termination fee can be pretty expensive lol.

I use Comcast over AT&T Uverse because they gave me TONS of problems, and comcast owns charter, and i had them before, there are decent. I recommend. Go charter unless comcast os availible, if it is go comcast, its worth it. Free On Demand FTW.

Where are you living now, actually? It depends where you live these days... certain providers have bad connections in certain locations, which could cause an issue with your service.

I'm currently in Canyon Country, CA and am moving to Eastvale (Corona), CA.

You liked Cox Communications?! That's a first. I am currently with Cox (dickheads at your service) and I know more than their support, sadly. They couldn't figure out why my internet was disconnecting, even when I gave them the correct answer as to why. It took them three months of "debugging" (which I did the same processes as them in one day) to finally fix the problem. Not only that, but they made me pay for the new modem ($50) even when I had been renting their old one for $10 a month for, nearly, 6 years.

At any rate, I'm not sure about AT&T. The only input I can give on them is that their cell phone service sucks terribly. Bad support and they charge loads more compared to other companies, in this area. Sadly my parents don't like to "move to new carriers".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_
Посмотреть сообщение
At any rate, I'm not sure about AT&T. The only input I can give on them is that their cell phone service sucks terribly. Bad support and they charge loads more compared to other companies, in this area.
Actually, I am here in Ohio where more then 90% of the population has Verizon (believe me). I have been with AT&T for 10 years (when I had a phone as a kid included) and I have always had the best of the best service with them; I hardly ever drop a call... I may be switching to Verizon though, I need to call people in Canada now and it's become a large sum of money as I don't have a Canada calling plan.