Gameplay help

today i recieved a GTS250 1GB, And on GTAIV with the lowest possible settings every so often it just freezes for 1 or 2 seconds..
And also on IV (AND ONLY IV - WELL ONLY THING IVE NOTICED IT ON) i get lines up and down my screen.
I might be getting all the time but not noticed. So er.. Help? :P

EDIT: Tried on mw2, When joined a match had around 5 fps.. Major lag, When i spawned still had a bit of lag
Then it shot up and stayed between 80 - 95 fps, But was still getting hit by occasional freezes.
ALSO DIDNT GET THESE FREEZES NOR THE LINES (I DONT THINK) WITH MY 9500GT 512MB

EDIT 2: When getting shot also noticed FPS dropped to 10 then after re-spawn went back to 80-95

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.88GHz

Is it in the correct pci-e slot?
Had some similar problem with my old gfx, and seems like I had put it in the wrong one.

Also, check so its plugged in correctly.. if its all done properly, and problems still exist, I have no idea what it may be.

But for GTA IV, you may need better CPU, as with my old c2d 2.6ghz wasnt sufficient, but with my i7 930 I have a decent FPS of 100-130.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3llah1n
Посмотреть сообщение
Already have one ta..

As for mataza, I forgot to plug in the power supply part so that may be the problem

"may be the problem", yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mataza
Посмотреть сообщение
Is it in the correct pci-e slot?
Had some similar problem with my old gfx, and seems like I had put it in the wrong one.

Also, check so its plugged in correctly.. if its all done properly, and problems still exist, I have no idea what it may be.

But for GTA IV, you may need better CPU, as with my old c2d 2.6ghz wasnt sufficient, but with my i7 930 I have a decent FPS of 100-130.
I have an AMD Athlon II 320 Dual Core 2.10Ghz and a ATI HD5470 512MB and I can play at about all settings on medium without lag.But I always use Game-booster whatever game I play.

mate, check for drivers or smth.