NPC Artificial Intelligence - Shortest path algorithm

Hello there,
Here is a piece of insight to a project on which I have been working on lately. It is based off Dijkstra's algorithm and the idea behind this was to make a bot able to move in a realistic way, not just going straight lines.
I started working on this way back, when "Alex009" had released the NPC plugin. I failed the first time. I haven't given up though, I just haven't had the time to finish this one, but now I present the outcome.

The coordination, especially in turns is pretty rough. With a better level of detail (more nodes) you can achieve greater precision that in turn will look way smoother than this. Plus, a few minor optimizations are also required, but that's really nothing compared to what I have so far.

The set up:
In use:
EDIT:

The result, a crowded partyy:

Nice Idea, indeed,
but this aint an AI...

I have to draw you people somehow xd
But anyway, it's a wannabe AI then, named the thread the same as the project went by when started. Now when I re-continued I didn't really hesitate how to call it

Nice and i hope it will be more smooth on turns , etc.

RELEASE IT D

(lol xD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilswizy
View Post
Nice and i hope it will be more smooth on turns , etc.
I'll try to come up with an alternative way that gently chops off the corners and makes the bot walk on a curve shaped path when entering turns.

Until then, I will create and use a more detailed web/node map to make turns look better.

Whoa epic, nice script man

Nice. I have a GPS System using that algorithm (dijkstra's) which works perfect.

Taking nodes is annoying so I retrieved all nodes from San Andreas in paths folder. But I don't understand the linking ID. Actually the ID which links a node to another like you did.
Do you have any idea?

Very interesting way of controlling the bots, good luck on perfecting it.

Omg that algoritm (dijkstra) so haaardd. this would be perfect to make driving npc - taxis etc.. Keep up with good job.