"Refunds for other servers"

Alright, so I've roleplayed SA-MP for quite some years now, but all suddenly I see a lot of servers "offering refunds for other servers", and I can't help it ... what on Earth does it mean? Are you actually able to ask to get the same stats on a new server, as the stats you had on another server? (<- yeah, not very well explained, but..). I can't understand how a RP server can operate that way...

Basically, noob servers do it, no flame. They want players so they tell you to show them a screenie of your stats from any other server, and they give you everything so you play their servers. Its one of the stupidest things considering it ruins the whole economy and fun of a server.

Sadly, that was the answer I was expecting. Well, another reason why not to join new noobish RP servers.

I remember most servers use to put that on their title, "Something Roleplay[We refund ls-rp, and others]. I personally take advantage of this, but just to have fun for like 10mins then i go back to my serious servers

Lol i saw a couple of servers like this,One gave refunds from PR-RP and i thought to myself.Is it that hard to make a /stats command and put a textdraw on the bottom left saying "PR-RP.org"

I did made a stats command that said I had like 90488489458475465483748374837857754 and they gave me it xD

It simply shows how immature and stupid the server owner(s) can be. Something else I continue to see would be SA-RP edits.

I just went to a server to check their weapon system (I working on one myself so I needed ideas.) and check what the leader said:

hahaha, rofl.

lol, its funny what some server owners do to get players

They do that to gain more players. A person might do this.
1. Find a server that refunds from other servers
2. Downloads a rolepaly gamemode.
3. Sets himself a level, cash and property.
4. Take a picture of what he has.
5. Show it on the server and he would get refunded

Thats why these refunds are shit. I tried that on 1 server and it worked. I hate servers that refund.

Well, i wont be joining a RP servers that are giving admins to first 5 persons! :S
Haha! Never!

I like how people think everything is Godfather. When they join my server and see peoples score and say "Oh admin abusers" when the Score is actually their current cash.

I just have It because It's a good way of recognizing hackers as an admin, and nobody can lie about their cash.
And yeah I like people who also come in and say "Oh I have alot of experience can i be cop? I want admin."

Some people even demand adminship "Give me admin now!".

A funny thing is these people who joins a random server and spam another server's ip in the global chat

Seriously, nobody joins those servers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garber
View Post
I like how people think everything is Godfather. When they join my server and see peoples score and say "Oh admin abusers" when the Score is actually their current cash.

I just have It because It's a good way of recognizing hackers as an admin, and nobody can lie about their cash.
And yeah I like people who also come in and say "Oh I have alot of experience can i be cop? I want admin."

Some people even demand adminship "Give me admin now!".
Only complete failures at scripting still permit clientside calculations for money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __
View Post
Only complete failures at scripting still permit clientside calculations for money.
Not necessarily. Some people use methods in GTA which won't work correctly if you use 'server side money' systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djvilas
View Post
They do that to gain more players. A person might do this.
1. Find a server that refunds from other servers
2. Downloads a rolepaly gamemode.
3. Sets himself a level, cash and property.
4. Take a picture of what he has.
5. Show it on the server and he would get refunded

Thats why these refunds are shit. I tried that on 1 server and it worked. I hate servers that refund.
but then again people ask for refunds and if they don't get it they are like "Then why should I join this server and start all over again", that's what they don't understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklom
View Post
but then again people ask for refunds and if they don't get it they are like "Then why should I join this server and start all over again", that's what they don't understand.
I wouldn't want people like that on a server of mine anyways .

I saw some people who started to give level 3 to every player that came around, i mean, that and refunds, i was like "lol these people are noobs" they someway "succeeded" and they got a playerbase of around 24, but its not worthy to join a server filled of noobs, because these are the people that heads to that type of servers.

I can't see this being any good for the servers economy, money will end up being useless.

Yeah, that doesnt gives people a reason to, e.g doing mats runs, and they can just go around with alot of money and new players wouldnt stay, since they see "omg they got a shitload of money" and nobody would buy materials/drugs w/e.