"Refunds for other servers"

pretty much, roleplay servers are all similar so when a player of a high playerbase rp server joins another server, they expect a refund of there stats as most roleplay server have almost the same level systems etc....

Now a days server owners are getting cracked up for getting more players.

lol, then dont go on it, simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0o
View Post
You think you are funny, huh?
No, I just think that the owner is stupid.

These servers where they give you refunds are often really noobish and uncoordinated. Nobody can roleplay in them, the admins only like to have fun /slap and /kick'ing people for shits and giggles, and.. yeah. I will never join another server like that.

And servers are actually STILL refunding! Why do people even bother playing on these? They're like a 2 day hype before they die from inflation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarkien
View Post
And servers are actually STILL refunding! Why do people even bother playing on these? They're like a 2 day hype before they die from inflation.
I like it... it's a good way to know which servers to stay away from :P

Haha, you've got a point. However, how do you find quality role play servers these days? I haven't played actively for years, but the Server Advertisement section is just filled with crappy, refunding servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarkien
View Post
Haha, you've got a point. However, how do you find quality role play servers these days? I haven't played actively for years, but the Server Advertisement section is just filled with crappy, refunding servers.
You join LS-RP.

pawn Code:
new serverName[MAX_PLAYER_NAME];

forward OnLookingForServer(personid, bool:serious);
public OnLookingForServer(personid, bool:serious){
    if(serious == 1){
        SearchFor("no refund", serverName);
        Connect(serverName, 1);
    }
    else{
        SearchFor("refund", serverName);
        Connect(serverName, 1);
    }

}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
View Post
You join LS-RP.
Woah, that still up? Remember playing on it years ago. Sadly, I'd assume the economy is frenched* up there as well, having been up for such a long time?

I laughed too much, @AlonzoTorres. Do indeed make such a third-party server finder/client.

Iv'e honestly been debating this for a year or two now. I honestly could careless if a server is refunding or not, I mean look at it this way. If a server is refunding don't join it if you don't like that kinda of stuff. However looking at SA-MP I understand most of the servers are straight up Refunding but there is still a few servers left that are legit and have a good quality role play. No one is forcing you to play a refunding server, so don't post things like this on SA-MP. Join a server you find fun. Even after searching and searching you can't find a good quality server, well then starting coding, get your stuff together and make your own server that is at good quality.

Some players play servers that refund because they just want everything, some people actually want to earn their stuff and have a good experience, I am guessing those type of people are you. At the end of the day it's the players decision of course to join or not. If you still can't find one, well LS-RP is at the top of the list for quality role play.

For me I like quality not quantity. So ya that's my wrap up of this topic, and for sure some of you may disagree with me, but from what I thought. Iv'e put my point out.

PS: Some people run servers for the players, and some do it for the actual role play experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoTorres
View Post
pawn Code:
new serverName[MAX_PLAYER_NAME];

forward OnLookingForServer(personid, bool:serious);
public OnLookingForServer(personid, bool:serious){
    if(serious == 1){
        SearchFor("no refund", serverName);
        Connect(serverName, 1);
    }
    else{
        SearchFor("refund", serverName);
        Connect(serverName, 1);
    }

}
Rofl'ed

As far as i know they just do it to get the more players.