WATCH OUT! SCAMMER (devsamp@gmail.com)

Watch out for the email "devsamp@gmail.com" they have sent my a trojan claiming it to be a version of SAMP 0.3 for the Dev Team.

Quote from the email
Quote:
Originally Posted by devsamp@gmail.com
Hello cnnr155,

I work for the SA-MP development team and im looking for people to help me beta test the newest samp version please respond back if you interested

Regards,
SA-MP Dev. Team
I replied to that saying "Ok..." knowing that it was a scam... and got this as I reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsamp@gmail.com
ok. Here is the download link for the newest version. As you see i made a custom icon just for the dev. team . http://localhostr.com/**********
I decided to download it, and Kaspersky found it to be a trojan.

I think there is a place to report this. They will take the email and (hopefully) blacklist him. If they can trace him.

Haha, Hopefully.

Why don't you simply send email to team@sa-mp.com?

If you knew it was a scam I think it was slightly daft to download it.

You should be smarter - sa-mp team doesn't use gmail..

Indeed, 1st I would check if someone sends an email. Thanks for reporting it anyway.

They suck, just don't download anything from it. Thanks for reporting, even tho they didn't add me, I will be aware.

I like to download such noob trojans, to laugh about how bad they are made, especially if people write like this (devsamp). Old DOS 5 Antivirs would recognize 99% of them...

Well, what might be worth a question is, where did he get your E-mail? You do not have it in your profile. Maybe in *******? Or did you register to a samp server with your mail? This would reduce the number of people who could have sent the mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337connor
View Post
I replied to that saying "Ok..." knowing that it was a scam... and got this as I reply.
I decided to download it, and Kaspersky found it to be a trojan.
This made me laugh. Thanks kid.

How pathetic. He could have at least made it more realistic. 13 year olds for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei
View Post
This made me laugh. Thanks kid.
Haha... I have a very good antivirus (Kaspersky)