iPhone Question!

I have an iPhone 3G. It's running OS 3. It's getting kind of laggy (probbably due to the mass amount of apps + jail breaking)

My question is, is it a good idea to upgrade to 4.1 or 4.2 ? I really want the new features such as folders but I'm not sure if it's such a good idea for the the 3G. Have any of you guys done it?

Yes, Its actually beter to upgrade it. It improves, you're features, and etc.,

Yes, upgrading is worth it, and there is also jailbreaks for iPhone on 4.1 +

So yeah, i upgraded mine a while ago, and it running like pro

Yeah upgrade it to 4.1 I upgraded my iPod touch (2nd generation) from 3.1.3 to 4.1 and its really great

uprade it to the latest version 4.2

Ok, I will upgrade tonight. The only reason I had second doubts was because when the 4 came out first, I read that it screwed up the 3G phones. Thanks for the comments, I will upgrade to 4.2.

One more question:

Is there a jailbreak for 4.1? Any good tuts to follow?

My friend has jailbroken his 3GS, it was running 4.1 or 4.2
I could ask him how he did it.

Yea! Upgrade it. My Moms 3gs is laggy/slow without the update. I have an iphone 4 so i cant tell you about the speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Autumn
Посмотреть сообщение
My friend has jailbroken his 3GS, it was running 4.1 or 4.2
I could ask him how he did it.
That would be great. Thank you !

EDIT: I read online that if you update to 4.1 and then jailbreak it, there is no unlock available yet So I can't jail break yet :C unless im reading old news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacOSXFan
Посмотреть сообщение
uprade it to the latest version 4.2
Agreed, there is a redsn0w out for it. And to all the people saying to upgrade to 4.1 , he doesn't have his shsh blobs saved and since apple is activating that firmware it wont work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenM4
Посмотреть сообщение
easy to jail brake search ZIphone on ****** then downlaod the softwere its gud it jail breaks iphones and ipods ****** it
You have no idea what you are talking about. We are not in the 1.x days anymore.... its 4.x now.