A simple math problem?

I just came across this math problem:

3 people are playing cards, they get hungry and ask some random 4th guy to buy them food. Each of the 3 people give Ј10 pounds to the 4th guy (10 + 10 + 10 = Ј30). The 4th guy buys some food for Ј25 pound and is left with 5 pounds. He gives Ј1 to each of the 3 people and keeps the remaining Ј2 with himself. NOW, that means each of the 3 people gave Ј9, so ( 3 x 9 = Ј27 + the remaining Ј2 = Ј29), where is the other Ј1 gone?

----

I just keep thinking about it, and don't get it. lol

get it exchanged to AUD,

+PROFIT.
(Ј29.00 GBP = $44.5743 AUD)

Each of the 3 people gave Ј9.3333...

The question is wrong in itself.

He spends Ј25 out of Ј30 and is left with Ј5 obviously.

He gives Ј3 to the 3 guys and keeps the Ј2.

Therefore, there is no Ј1 to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [L3th4l]
Посмотреть сообщение
I just came across this math problem:

Each of the 3 people give Ј10 pounds to the 4th guy

3 people gave Ј9, so ( 3 x 9 = Ј27 + the remaining Ј2 = Ј29), where is the other Ј1 gone?
a 10 turns into a 9, magic.

It's failed 'logic', lol, someone tried to be smart.

It's the inverse of Enron maths.

Lol , obvious , he takes it for himself!

To see my reply better , press CTRL + W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blantas
Посмотреть сообщение
Each of the 3 people gave Ј9.3333...
That is not exactly correct =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlip
Посмотреть сообщение
a 10 turns into a 9, magic.

It's failed 'logic', lol, someone tried to be smart.
There is no magic. Seriously..

So, you substract 1 from the 10 everyone has paid and get to 9. That makes sense, because obviously what everyone has paid is not any longer 10. But you forgot to substract that amount from the total being. The total being would be 27(30-3).

Now, we also know that 2 are missing because the Person has taken them for himself. So we know that the only amount that ever was paid by the people was 25. 25/3 = the amount every single one has paid.
Now if you do (25/3)*3+2 (remember, multiply before add :P) You will end up with 27, which is the total new amount everyone has paid. So here is the solution to this.. apparently considered math problem..

And if you still don't get it or you think its funny to fake people with such a text, I really had a good laugh at when I read this =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo
Посмотреть сообщение

So, you substract 1 from the 10 everyone has paid and get to 9. That makes sense, because obviously what everyone has paid is not any longer 10. But you forgot to substract that amount from the total being. The total being would be 27(30-3).

Now, we also know that 2 are missing because the Person has taken them for himself. So we know that the only amount that ever was paid by the people was 25. 25/3 = the amount every single one has paid.
Now if you do (25/3)*3+2 (remember, multiply before add :P) You will end up with 27, which is the total new amount everyone has paid. So here is the solution to this.. apparently considered math problem..

And if you still don't get it or you think its funny to fake people with such a text, I really had a good laugh at when I read this =)
Lawl, I Lol'd at these one! You're a genius!

Briliant!
A++

No seriulsy, that was smart :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo
Посмотреть сообщение

Cookies for you mister ;P