[Tutorial] How To Avoid Getting Your Script Stolen

Hi, I am captain obvious stating to those who suffer from common sense or are lacking common sense that to avoid getting your script stolen is quite easy. I am not a troll....

Viruses
- Trojan horses and other viruses can easily extract your .pwn file onto their own computer. So, don't open any .exe (executables) files from people over MSN, email, or SA-MP. Always scan them, even if they're from your best friend. You can upload them to virustotal.com and scan them. It will take a while or maybe never until you realize someone has your script using a trojan to get it.

Hiring Scripters
Hiring scripters is obviously risky to do. Once you send them your script they could easily steal it and never talk to you again. Always get to know your scripter, and do research on him, like look at his/her SA-MP forum profile. Read his/her posts.

Never Upload your .pwn
Never upload your .pwn file into your FTP. It is unneeded. If your FTP/Hosting Account gets hacked and you have your .pwn, then the hacker will probably release it. If you need to upload it, archive it (.zip) it and add a password to it.

Uploading to Fileshare Sites
Also very risky and very rare for someone to find it and release your uploaded script. So, if you're going to upload your private .pwn file onto a filesharing site always archive (.zip) and add a password to it.

Public Places
I doubt you will ever be scripting in a public place like school or library, but in case you do, remember to delete all of your shit once you're done. You'll never know who comes across it.

Social Engineering
People who MSN/email you acting like Kalcor or another SA-MP adminstrator/founder and asking for your script/private information are phonies. They will never do this (hopefully.)

Includes
By creating private includes, your script will not be able to be compiled unless they have your private includes. So, if you're a good enough scripter, you should consider creating your own includes.

That's all. Sweet and simple I hope. If you have any other suggestions to add to this post, feel free to post and I'll add them if they're good.

very useful yet pretty obvious, thanks

Yea, pretty good information. I am careful hiring scripters to the server, like once I was just hiring somebody, but later i got to know, that he was hacking my server -=___=-. I think I keep on scripting my own, until I find a really reliable mate.

make a library for it Y-less
like u always do and what youre doing just right

It's just a damn game. No need to get so over reacted... -.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToPhrESH
View Post
I would hate for something I spent years on to get stolen by some noob then sold for $25 then released.

Lets put it like this, you have a baby-son, and some asshole kidnaps your baby-son, rapes him 10 times a day, then kills him after he's tired of using it as a sex pet.

Hmm, I would hate for this to happen just as I would hate for my scripts to get stolen by some guy.

And, yes, it is just a game. But for some people, "just a game" is their life. The makers of Call of Duty, Bungie, Rockstar, and many other game creating companies spend years creating these games for our entertainment.

Quote:
View Post
yea but theres people who actually do things like this and steal other peoples work.
Thanks for the post

well i got my own ways, i dont tell them here for "securety" (bad english?) risk of my own made "system",
i will tell only that the stealer who tries to compile my script get 80 errors (because of a private include which i only have).

The others are simple but those have a nice effect. anyway if youre a logic persons you can image your own tricks and blocks.

This will hopefully teach some noobs.

Good Job! But people should be using common sense anyway XD

added something else thanks to Vandozz.

you should add anti-De-amx to prevent messing with the .amx not just talking about the .pwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge
View Post
I would hate for something I spent years on to get stolen by some noob then sold for $25 then released.

Lets put it like this, you have a baby-son, and some asshole kidnaps your baby-son, rapes him 10 times a day, then kills him after he's tired of using it as a sex pet.

Hmm, I would hate for this to happen just as I would hate for my scripts to get stolen by some guy.

And, yes, it is just a game. But for some people, "just a game" is their life. The makers of Call of Duty, Bungie, Rockstar, and many other game creating companies spend years creating these games for our entertainment.
Dude, getting a child raped has NOTHING to do with getting a script stolen. 1 thing is a little script, but the other is your son..Terrible comparison of events.

If your life is "games" then personally I think you have no life. The makers of Call of Duty do make games for our entertainment, but rely on someone to play their whole life.

But anyway, just release the .amx file and your script is saved .

Quote:
View Post
But anyway, just release the .amx file and your script is saved .
I dont know how, but I gave the .amx file from my most significant project with anti DeAMX in it and he somehow cracked it and has the fully working .pwn code (thankfully, old version), thought he wont release it, unless I do something with his script since I helped him too. Anybody does know if this is possible or it was a lie?

It doesn't matter for me if they steal it, it matters if they sell it. Then im angry. Useful information.

People around here take samp / pawno way to seriously.Come on ,its a modded computer video game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacOSXFan
View Post
People around here take samp / pawno way to seriously.Come on ,its a modded computer video game.
Judging by your name, and lack of basic first grade punctuation, I would presumably say YOU take games too seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
View Post
That won't work - when a script is compiled all the code is combined together so they will have a decompiled version of the private include.
what if they only got the pwn? that was so logic about it, they cant cant compile it and run it because of a smart created 'system', if they remove some of my system in the gamemode (not the include one) they cant still compile it and cant play it off. I'm not as good as you (but you still impresses me with your skills), but i got my puzzles in my head, and for good use .

Great tips

Nice TUT...