[SUGGESTION]: Multiple GUI suggestions.

Well guys,

the title of this topic basically explains my suggestion though I'll happily go into depth with the suggestions, in order to hopefully persuade the Developers here at SA:MP and ofcourse the people to support the idea.

Idea One

Moving on, the first idea on the list would be the option of multiple dialogs for example - If you had a list dialog open, and clicked on one of the options- A dialog could appear on top (over) of the list dialog. This may not sound like something that could improve SA:MP but it would make it a lot easier than closing dialogs, opening new ones - closing them and then reopening the previous. This could be linked using a simple parameter such as

pawn Код:
ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, dialogid,dialog_stlye, "title", "message", "button1", "button2", linked_dialog);
Usage
pawn Код:
ShowPlayerDialog(playerid,12345,DIALOG_STYLE_INPUT,"Login","Please login","Login","Exit",12346);
Then once he presses login- Another dialog would appear but with that in the background.

Idea Two

My second idea was the repositioning of dialogs. Like above with the additional parameter another one could be added to allow this idea to take place. That parameter could work similarly to this:

pawn Код:
ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, dialogid,dialog_stlye, "title", "message", "button1", "button2", linked_dialog, bool:movable);
Usage
pawn Код:
ShowPlayerDialog(playerid,12345,DIALOG_STYLE_INPUT,"Login","Please login","Login","Exit",12346,true);
Then the player will be able to move the dialog around the screen or you could set it to false to stop him moving it. Another function for this suggestion would be to set the default position for a specific dialog.

pawn Код:
SetDialogPos(dialogid,Float:X,Float:Y,Float:Z);
This would basically set the default positioning for the specific dialog for example- If you wanted a dialog at the top left then you would use it like this:

pawn Код:
SetDialogPos(12345,13.0,14.0,15.0); // Co-ordinates not correct.
Idea Three

My third and final idea which I believe may have been suggested previously is the option of additional buttons. As well as having the option to add more buttons we should have the option to remove buttons for example we could create a dialog which doesn't have any buttons- Similarly to the Info Box ofcourse, but let's say with a List option at the top that says < BACK or FORWARD >.

Ofcourse like the other two, this could be done with another parameter for example:

pawn Код:
ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, dialogid,dialog_style, "title", "message", "button1", "button2", "button3", "button4", linked_dialog, bool:movable);
Usage:

pawn Код:
ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, 12345,dialog_style_input, "title", "message", "button1", "button2", "button3", "button4", 123456, false);

SetDialogPos, cool !

You only need x and y , not z becouse you move it 2d , not 3d
Nice ideea.

Totaly support this idea, would make SA:MP a lot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_maryo1993
Посмотреть сообщение
You only need x and y , not z becouse you move it 2d , not 3d
Nice ideea.
Yeah thanks, didn't really think about it while I was writing the topic but thanks again for pointing that out.

Kalcor said:
Quote:

I think this has been mentioned several times, but this isn't the suggestions thread. If you want to discuss new 0.3c features here that's fine.

SA-MP doesn't really have a GUI and most likely will never have one. We've added simple dialogs that are quick and easy for scripters to add. A full GUI doesn't work with our server-side system and it would increase the complexity of scripting. The original San Andreas game is not heavily UI based and many players only use game controllers. Adding fully scriptable GUIs is not on our list of things to add at the moment.

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...700#post906700

Damn... There goes my list of idea, but eh- They're here for a rainy day, that's all that matters.

Great suggestion!, hope 0.3c will take it..

Sad for the SA-MP team not to develop the dialogs more...

i dont think that is great idea 'cause dialogs due to players resolution diferences will over loop i mean will stand on each other or spaces will be too big..