dini_Get returning nothing ("")

Hi all,
Im having an unusual problem with dini - ive never had it before...

I am creating my own house system (possible release here if its good enough ) - and i am trying to do dini_Get(file, "owner") and compare it using strcmp to see if its owned or not... - But even when the house is owned (A name is in 'Owner')

Here is the corresponding code:
pawn Код:
public OnPlayerPickUpPickup(playerid, pickupid)
{
    new file[64], pName[MAX_PLAYER_NAME], string[128];
    GetPlayerName(playerid, pName, MAX_PLAYER_NAME);
    for(new i; i < LastID; i++)
    {
        if(pickupid == Pickups[i])
        {
            format(file, sizeof(file), "houses/%i.house", i);
            if(strcmp(dini_Get(file, "Owner"), "") == 0)
            {
                SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOUR, "This house is for sale");
                if(dini_Int(file, "Type") == 0)
                {
                    format(string, sizeof(string), "It costs: %i and is a very small house", dini_Int(file, "Cost"));
                }
                else if(dini_Int(file, "Type") == 1)
                {
                    format(string, sizeof(string), "It costs: %i and is a small house", dini_Int(file, "Cost"));
                }
                else if(dini_Int(file, "Type") == 2)
                {
                    format(string, sizeof(string), "It costs: %i and is a medium house", dini_Int(file, "Cost"));
                }
                else if(dini_Int(file, "Type") == 3)
                {
                    format(string, sizeof(string), "It costs: %i and is a big house", dini_Int(file, "Cost"));
                }
                else if(dini_Int(file, "Type") == 4)
                {
                    format(string, sizeof(string), "It costs: %i and is a very big house", dini_Int(file, "Cost"));
                }
                else if(dini_Int(file, "Type") == 5)
                {
                    format(string, sizeof(string), "It costs: %i and is a massive house", dini_Int(file, "Cost"));
                }
            }
            else if(strcmp(dini_Get(file, "Owner"), pName) == 0)
            {
                format(string, sizeof(string), "You own this house, it cost %i", pName, dini_Int(file, "Cost"));
            }
            else
            {
                format(string, sizeof(string), "%s owns this house, it cost them %i", dini_Get(file, "Owner"), dini_Int(file, "Cost"));
            }
            SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOUR, string);

printf("DINI: %s, pName: %s", dini_Get(file, "Owner"), pName); //As you can see here - i tried printing - i have shown what came out below

}
    }
}
Here is the proof of it not doing anything...

Код:
[11:09:33] DINI: , pName: Ash
Thanks in advance for your help
Ash!

Well, with strcmp, the return is not as simple as if they match it's 1, and if they don't it's 0. It's actually a little more complex, although I don't think the SA-MP Wiki explains the return value perfectly either.

What you must remember though specifically, is that using strcmp to compare an empty string to a string will actually always come up with 0.

Therefore:

pawn Код:
Will always be true.

Although I cannot explain why later on it does not print out a name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTochNietDan
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, with strcmp, the return is not as simple as if they match it's 1, and if they don't it's 0. It's actually a little more complex, although I don't think the SA-MP Wiki explains the return value perfectly either.

What you must remember though specifically, is that using strcmp to compare an empty string to a string will actually always come up with 0.

Therefore:

pawn Код:
Will always be true.

Although I cannot explain why later on it does not print out a name.
Thanks, how else would i compare the two strings - using
pawn Код:
if(string == string2)
gives errors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky1234
Посмотреть сообщение
Thanks, how else would i compare the two strings - using
pawn Код:
if(string == string2)
gives errors.
Well that's the only way to do it really (using strcmp).

So specifically for checking if a string is empty, just use strlen.

pawn Код:
if(strlen(string) == 0) // String is empty

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Well that's the only way to do it really (using strcmp).

So specifically for checking if a string is empty, just use strlen.

pawn Код:
if(strlen(string) == 0) // String is empty
Thanks, but that still doesnt explain why dini_Get is still returning "{nothing}" - Even though, if i check the file, there is "Ash" in the key. (Ash is my SAMP Game name)

Not sure what the issue is there. Bare in mind that on Linux systems the filesystem is case-sensitive, so you need to make the directory and file the same case as in the script. Most hosts use Linux.

I host myself and have a dedicated linux server - i also test on a windows server (my laptop) but i keep to the same rule (case sensitive)

I can get integers and float data from the same file, just not strings. Its actually really annoying now - Is it worth trying to change the .house file association to .ini ?

Thanks
Ash

Have you tried printing out i?

So you can make sure the ID of the house is indeed correct.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Have you tried printing out i?

So you can make sure the ID of the house is indeed correct.
I havent tried that yet - ill give it a try now,

Just incase you're wondering:
in the UK it has snows and Nottinghamshire (where i live) is very very icy, so my school is closed today

EDIT: I am now testing all my scripts in 0.3c - i have tested the code above, in my first post, and now it seems OnPlayerPickupPickUp doesnt work at all... - Any ideas?

Quote:
EDIT: I am now testing all my scripts in 0.3c - i have tested the code above, in my first post, and now it seems OnPlayerPickupPickUp doesnt work at all... - Any ideas?

OnPlayerPickupPickUp does work, its just pickupid = 0;, all the time. - Any Ideas?